5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard somthing that they can restore old cams :confused:

I need one for my cad motor but a new one is like $350.00 :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,950 Posts
Its kind of like a crank :p

And what type of cam are you getting for $350?:eek: :eek: I think it cost me around $100-$150 to get a stock cam for my 472 from MTS.

Go talk to Al at MTS or post a message on this boardMTS board. The board AND Al have been VERY helpful in the build up of my 472.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i'm in canada so 100 150 -US with shiping and exchange prety much adds up to about 350

the problem with my cam is that its waren out some places the case hardening has gone threw

·
Registered
792 Posts
Chief, you can have any cam "rebuilt" as long as its not bent or broken. When I was drag racing a buddy of mine constantly flattened his cam lobes and it was cheaper to weld the lobe back up and remachine it versus replacing the cam... but if your talking about a $150 cam you will easily spend that "rebuilding" yours. so if you have a source for a new one for $150 I definitely reccomend that. o and my buddies cams were custom made and cost around $400 usd so $150 was much cheaper to "fix".....

Rick

·
Registered
363 Posts
Alexis go to Shadtbolt off Burrard in Vancouver.(They may have changed their name)But they will custom gring and spray weld any profile you want.Used them before and they are by far the best in their business.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rob said:
Alexis go to Shadtbolt off Burrard in Vancouver.(They may have changed their name)But they will custom gring and spray weld any profile you want.Used them before and they are by far the best in their business.
Thanks

do ya have a # handy ?

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also what should I expect to pay $$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts