Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If not, delete this and I'll post it in the classifieds :)

If so,

I have the following:

$1500 FIRM

Located in 21784, MD

What you get is one HREW Formula Toy Chassis (bent by Hendrix Motorsports of CA, welded together by Whaley Ent), 1 rolling 1988 4runner chassis, complete with wide rear axle, top shift t-case, w56 transmission, 22re engine, IFS box, etc.

Additionally, I will include 40 ft of 1.75" .120 DOM tubing, and a second Top Shift Transfer Case, and an assortment of wagoneer/toyota leaf springs if you wish. For an additional $500, I'll include a long tail stock Dana 300 with a NIB OTT adapter to mate it to a Toyota transfer case.

I'm selling this because I've had it for a while and haven't done anything with it. I'm buying a house and getting married in the next few months and I don't see myself getting to work on it. I'd rather sell it and finish my Tacoma and get the fawk back on the trails :smokin:

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Damn this is really tempting. How solid is the 4runner frame(rust?) and has it been stripped down at all? i.e. unneccesary mounts removed? And lastly do you have a front axle for it?

BTW, my parents are in Rockville, and my dad's office is in Marriotsville, so I'm not very far at all.

·
Premium Member
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Arya Ebrahimi said:
Damn this is really tempting. How solid is the 4runner frame(rust?) and has it been stripped down at all? i.e. unneccesary mounts removed? And lastly do you have a front axle for it?

BTW, my parents are in Rockville, and my dad's office is in Marriotsville, so I'm not very far at all.
The 4runner frame is very solid. The PO had the frame undercoated so there is no fatal rust. There is some surface that a wire brush would knock off, but nothing that weakens the structure.

I have not yet fully stripped the mounts. I have cut off one or two with a sawzall, and removed the rear crossmember, but that is it.

I stripped down my front axle to fill out my Diamond Axle for my Tacoma. All I have is a 85 housing modified for an elocker.

I'm quite familiar with Marriottsville, in fact there is a tree on Marriottsville Road that has gouge in its bark the same height and size of a Tacoma with an ARB bumper. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will trade for tools as well. I'd like to upgrade to a 220v MIG and need a Bender with a 1.75 die.

Good option if you have a tool hookup.

Also would trade for a 2.28, V6 Auto TacoBox from Marlin or Inchworm version.

Catch 22, is you would need this stuff to build it :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
BTW, does this have any of the options like the side-panel square tubing or plumbed for air? Got any pics?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts