Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a guy on another board who needs help with the following:

I'm rebuilding a 1994 Jeep 4.0L Wrangler engine with MPI and need new bolts for the head, valve cover, timing cover, oil pan, intake, exhaust, etc. Anyone know where I can find replacement bolts for the external bolts on this engine? The block does not currently have bolts that I can use as samples to pick up new bolts. I have no idea what sizes, length, thread, etc I need.

I need all the external bolts for this engine soon. If you can help at all, please help.

Thanks
He's in Northern Minnesota. Can you post up here so he can read about what he needs and maybe where to get it?? Thanks Tim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm the "brother in need" I've tried getting the info from the dealer with not luck. The junkyards around my area don't have any newer 4.0L engines to steal bolts from. I've tried machine shops, engine rebuilders, and the Internet. BTW, I talked to Totally Stainless and they do not make kits for Jeep engines after 1990. The have complete kits for AMC 6cyl (258) engines, but nothing for the 4.0L engines.

Been there, tried that! I know what you're thinking, why the hell is this such a big deal? But trust me, it's not as easy as one might think to find these bolts or someone that can tell you the length, size, thread, etc for the bolts. If I had old bolts to compare it to, I'd be at the hardware store digging through bins for new bolts.

I realize this is a pretty mild dilemma for most of you, but with $1000 sitting there into the engine, machine work, and master rebuild kit, I can't get the thing back together now! :confused:

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Call J&W autowreckers.. they are a vendor on this board.. I cant promise they will be able to help you, but its definatly worth a shot

Ask to talk to neil

Toll Free : 1-800-924-9732

·
Registered
17,625 Posts
Imkunfused said:
Call J&W autowreckers.. they are a vendor on this board.. I cant promise they will be able to help you, but its definatly worth a shot

Ask to talk to neil

Toll Free : 1-800-924-9732
This is the way I would go too.. Try it.. I'd bet they have it.
Scott

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey CJHVN, glad you're checking in. I also vote for calling J&W. I've had nothing but good help from them.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get new ones from ARP or a equivalent vendor. Summit and Jeg's should be able to help you out. You can buy OEM stuff from Mopar if you want OE hardware.

Cheers.

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts