Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was purchased by one of my club members, but it currently resides at my property, and it rode there on my car trailer, so technically, I can post pics of it.

Two Jeep smart/Scout dumb guys took about five minutes to find the hood release, but from what we can tell, it's a '77 Scout II Terra, and a spash of gas and the battery out of my Cherokee was all it took to DRIVE it onto the trailer.

It lacks a chrome pig on the grille, but has a strong running V8 (assuming a 345, I suppose it could be a 304, I'll look around rather than bother you folks will silly tractor-noob questions), 4-speed (I assume it's a T-19) and a Dana 20, Dana 44's front and rear (the rear is going into a club member's YJ, that's the whole reason for the purchase) working plow (manual angle), and all the gauges work (including the clock and 4wd lights). The hood sports some snazzy "Rally" stripes and is in exceptionally rust-free shape for a northern Michigan rig.

Anything any of you PBB tractor-lovers interested in or looking for? She's got lot's of little emblems and do-hickey's in good shape, lots of little interior pieces and what not. If you guys want pics of something, let me know, it's all for sale (sans rear axle) and any of the little stuff that can be shipped cheap will be free or close too for PBB'ers.

Anything restorer's look for that might be on this gem? The guy who owns it (picked it up for $150.....dink) has a new baby boy at home, and a rather buget-restricting bride, so he's looking to fund some of his Jeep project by parting this old girl out.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Sell eveything on Ebay! (Exept the body and frame)

The gauges alone if the clock really works might net the dude enough to cover the initial investment. There are ALOT of Scout geeks on ebay that want/need everything for restoration projects.

If you were any closer I'd offer to come pick it up and take care of it for you!

·
Registered
363 Posts
If it has a wide ratio T-19 (6.32:1 first), they go for around $300-400. Snag the steel fuel filler pipe too. The older Scouts had plastic ones and the steel ones are worth $$ for replacements.

Pull the stainless steel windows, wind wings, and regulators as well.

For $150, nice score on parts. That body is really fawked up! :eek:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The trans isn't a compound low, unless the axles are 2.73 or something, cuz we was a haulin' ass in 1st in 4-low, and I know those tractor motors won't go past 3 grand. Pretty sure 1st is in the 4:1 range, at least that's what it feals like.

I'm going to tell the owner to get all the glass out of it as quick as he can, my property has a history with vandals.

The top has one small chunk broken on the corner where it meets the bed, but the peice is still there and it looks fixable.

The front clip with the exception of the very bottom of the fenders is in excellent shape, the back is more fawked up than you can imagine from the pics, and the trees growing in the bed are starting to bud already.

Look for this junk on Ebay soon, and like I said, if any of you PBB-er's want some junk off, you've got dibs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts