Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
That's what I would think. At some point you have to start worrying about parasitic issues and it becomes pretty much a waste if not an issue.
It's not so much about friction as minimum dampening loads. Friction is mostly driven by piston rod diameter. Larger reservoirs typically have less piston rod friction.

Big shocks are designed to be used on motion ratios and have low flowing pistons.

·
Premium Member
7,249 Posts
I have no fish in this, Yes I run SAW but I get no help from them. I don't think they ruined them, more so they had no idea how to market them...... The racer sponsored program gave me a deal that was still higher than what I can get them at Poly for.....

Well they have a new owner now for 8+ months... aFe Power bought them, so lets see what they do...

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,536 Posts

·
Registered
6,145 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Kusters are overrated. Modern shock whoop them!
Kusters had a lot of nice features that are sadly "to expensive" to incorporate into current shocks. The drive toward mass sales has driven down the quality of current shocks. It started when Swayaway bought Kuster. To compete with this King made sacrifices that still fallow us today.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,536 Posts
Kusters had a lot of nice features that are sadly "to expensive" to incorporate into current shocks. The drive toward mass sales has driven down the quality of current shocks. It started when Swayaway bought Kuster. To compete with this King made sacrifices that still fallow us today.
The Pistons were a poor design IMO. The materials were great.

·
Premium Member
7,249 Posts
Sounds like you should consider piston modifications so you can run thicker valves.
I think that's over my head...... I would love to run a King or Fox piston in there, but I do not know if it will fit. (length x diameter). I know they have a low flow piston but I do not know anything about it...

And this:

Unfortunately, King ruined Kusters.

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
I'd be interesting in hearing about where the transition from a 2.0 to a 2.5 to needing to add a bypass should happen....

61 - 80 of 93 Posts