Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4x4 Consultant
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far my truck is great! I have a few questions though? It seems I have daytime running lights :shaking: I am told its standard on Canadian trucks? That where my truck was originally bought in 02.

Is there a way to get rid of this?

One more question........Is there a silencer ring on this turbo? If there is I was going to remove it. Any problems with doing that?

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
I know its tottaly diffrent but .....

On my 02 suburban in the owners manual it says how to tuun off the day time running lights *or* I bet theres a simple relay?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is your turbo the HX35W? If so chances are that it does have the silencer ring. Though it being Canadian, I cannot say for sure, I am not familiar with Canadian vehicles, emissions, ect., but in the US Chrysler requested that the silencer ring be installed in all of it Ram / Holset turbo applications, so if it is the same as the US truck you can be almost assured it is in there. There is some info on it at:

http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/FAQ/turbo_faq.htm

There is no problem with removing it (Maybe warrantee, be sure to check), this is a noise reduction feature and serves no other mechanical purpose.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Yeah go ahead and remove it. Its just a big snap ring. In all other applications except dodge ram there isnt one. All it does is quiet the turbo. Throw on an afe and it will really sing.

·
4x4 Consultant
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BigDan said:
Yeah go ahead and remove it. Its just a big snap ring. In all other applications except dodge ram there isnt one. All it does is quiet the turbo. Throw on an afe and it will really sing.

Thats what I am looking for! Thanks Dan

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Just a thought...
Do your daytime running lights go off if you put on the e-brake?
(or anything else that would make 'em go off?)
If so, find the wire that grounds out (or whatever it does), and disconnect it and do whatever is is to keep them off.

I know some cars, they turned off w/ the ebrake.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yes it is true Canadian law states that all newer vehicles are ment to have daytime running lighyts. In order to remove the daytime feture and still use your low and high beams is to simplely unplug the harness at the daytime module. Located on the drivers side inner fender. Works fine...I've done it

·
Registered
223 Posts
If your Lights are like the lights on my Dodge Caravan you have to take it to the dealer to have them "Re-program" something in the computer. Or so I have been told. I figure most other Dodge's are probably the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts