Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, the Rubicon Trail Foundation Cantina for the 'Con is happening Labor Day Weekend!!! The location is the same as last year, the Loon Lake spillway and the dates are Saturday August 30th and Sunday August 31st. Hours are from 10-5 on Saturday and 10-3 on Sunday with the raffle being held at 3:00pm on Sunday.

Cantina 2008 is shaping up to be bigger and better! Many vendors are stepping up and donating some exciting raffle prizes. Once lucky winner will receive a Gift Certificate donated by Jeepers Jamboree for trip on next years Jamboree and another will walk away with a new Winch donated by JeepCamping.com in Placerville. A complete list of prizes and vendor's will be posted shortly.

Our guests from previous years will notice one big change, this year's Cantina is a group effort of many clubs coming together to support the Rubicon Trail. We'll all be working side by side to raise money, educate and increase the public's awareness of the issues that face the Rubicon and other trails in El Dorado county. I'd like to recognize some of the Clubs that are working hard to make Cantina 2008 a success:

*California Creepers
*Rock-N-Roll 4x4
*Rubicon Rock Heads
*Pirates of the Rubicon
*RockZombies

These Clubs are getting raffle prizes, pledging workers for the event, passing out & posting fliers, etc. I told you this was going to be a group effort:grin:

Bring the entire family and enjoy a day in the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains while you contribute your hard earned cash to help support the Granddaddy of all OHV trails that we all love so dearly, the Rubicon Trail!

·
Phobohomic
1,247 Posts
Sweet Mark. I can't wait for Cantina time. Our crew was just discussing the Cantina last night - you know we'll be there. Who is commissioner this year?
Dale

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet Mark. I can't wait for Cantina time. Our crew was just discussing the Cantina last night - you know we'll be there. Who is commissioner this year?
Dale
Cool Dale! We're looking forward to working with the Rockheads again this year :beer:

This year's Leader is Steve Piazza, WheelingPiazza on most bb's.

·
I LOOOVE ROCKS!
1,608 Posts
I trust you'll still be serving up the most delicious taco's EVER? :D

Seriously, folks: Cantina for the Con is a must-attend event. Be there, eat some taco's, and sign some letters/petitions -- or else give up on having future access to the Rubicon and other 4x4 trails. :mad3:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Looking forward to it...it's become a tradition to bring the family up for some of those superb tacos.

When are the raffle ticket sales going to start?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Can someone explain a little more about what they have at this event? ...besides the Taco's and Raffle. That's enough for me, but I was wondering how much there would be for the wife/kids to do.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can someone explain a little more about what they have at this event? ...besides the Taco's and Raffle. That's enough for me, but I was wondering how much there would be for the wife/kids to do.
In addition to the Food & raffle we'll have several vendors there displaying their products, a Land Use booth, Law Enforcement personel will be there to answer questions, Rubicon Trail Foundation booth and others. Unfortunately, there's not a lot for small children but many families do attend and just enjoy lunch in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountians ;)

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
It's a great time to take your kids up and do some short wheeling in the bowl, take the 10 minute hike to Loon Lake from the other side of the bowl and go swimming, enjoy some tacos for lunch or dinner (no cooking or worrying about that...yeah!), buy a few raffle tickets, have some good times, and camp for the night.

·
Registered
316 Posts
We were planning on a trip to Barret Lake that weekend (if the trail is open by then). We will definitely stop by on our way home on Sunday. Sounds like a great cause and an awesome way to spend an afternoon.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
THere is always fishing at loon lake as well.
Or even do a nice camping trip at Union Res. and drive up to the cantina for lunch.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
I'll be up there with the LJ & YJ to see what they can get into / out of:shaking:

·
Registered
4,843 Posts

I've take the whole family up there the last 2 years. The wife and kids aren't big into hanging around talking shop. So we just go to the spillway around lunch time and eat some good tacos. ( My wife is picky as hell so you know there good:smokin:) Then we do some hiking around the lake, or fishing, or swimming. Just spend the day outside enjoying the lake and mountains. Get some maps of the area, as it not that far to the beach on the other side of the lake for swimming. Tip: Figure out where all the restrooms are before your asked "where's the bathroom" :homer:

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Tip: Figure out where all the restrooms are before your asked "where's the bathroom" :homer:
Jeepers Jamboree is stepping up again this year and providing us with port-a-potties on site. All Star Rents is stepping up again to provide us with those huge canopies, giving us all some much needed shade and a place to sit down and eat the best tacos EVER! :D

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I'd like to recognize some of the Clubs that are working hard to make Cantina 2008 a success:

*California Creepers
*Rock-N-Roll 4x4
*Rubicon Rock Heads
*Pirates of the Rubicon
*RockZombies

These Clubs are getting raffle prizes, pledging workers for the event, passing out & posting fliers, etc. I told you this was going to be a group effort:grin:

Thanks everyone for your help :beer:

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
Prizes from Del and Stacie

Well, as always Stac and I will kick in what we can. And even tho I expect some smiles from this, and maybe some harrassment as well, I'm going to donate the Del hat that started the Del land use stuff. :smokin::D

The winner can burn it; frame it; or use it for target practice. But this is the baby that rode on top when I started to fight seriously to take back my desert (October 31, 1994 -- The Desert Take-it-Away Act). Before that I was hatless. :)

Del

1 - 20 of 54 Posts