Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I have a friend that grew up in Aztec/Farmington area that is not into Rockcrawling. I asked him if he ever went to any events in Chokecherry and all he remembers and talks about is how he liked Captain America.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Man he is a cool guy. Before i had my rig together i was spectating at the first moonrocks Calrocs event, and was watching tom on an obstactale that was giving him hell. I decided to yell as loud as i can(i am a loud person) "Grab second and peel the fuck out" And he stopped... Laughed... pointed at me... put it in second... and held that sucker against the rev limiter for like a minute. It was great, and really got some people excited. I only yelled because i thought he would do it. Sadly he didnt make the obstacle.
Thats my story.

Ian-

·
Registered
596 Posts
He even made it to a t-shirt.

After this roll :eek: , so much stuff broke he got bummed out.
Think that the sport was moving to fast for him.

We saw Tom at our very first rock crawl event. We had so much fun watching him and that got us hook on this sport.

Thanks Tom!

Mark

·
Maxxis Tire Guy
146 Posts
I really like how he drove off the back side of that climb in vernal. I also reaaly dug his twin axle van hauler. He always was the big show with no doe We all miss tom. This is who Howard pearl needs as a celebraty driver.

Creighton

·
Registered
13,399 Posts
I saw Tom a couple months ago!! He came by the shop. Guess what...

HE CUT HIS HAIR!! :eek:

He's super cool! I have the feeling he might be spotted around here a little more often pretty soon. :)

Dustin, I'll be sure to say hi for you if I see him again soon.

·
Dummer'n Moose Poop
5,290 Posts
Never actually met him, that i know of, but have heard all sorts of stories of his goofy antics and crowd-pleasing ways.
From what I can tell, he's the kind of guy that many competitors could learn from in the ways of gaining attention... to grow their team and the sport as a whole.

Maybe we can get him out to an event as a special guest or something :)

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Its funny, I remember the first comp I ever attended was CalRocs in Victorville and the only 2 things I remember were being amazed at how awesome Walker Evans S-10 was, and Captain America givin it hell. Funny how much things have changed. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would have the chance to work on Walkers rig, much less drive it, and roll it, like I did today :flipoff2:

Ahh the good ole days.....

Dallas

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Thump said:
Never actually met him, that i know of, but have heard all sorts of stories of his goofy antics and crowd-pleasing ways.
From what I can tell, he's the kind of guy that many competitors could learn from in the ways of gaining attention... to grow their team and the sport as a whole.

Maybe we can get him out to an event as a special guest or something :)

Hey Dustin , should we start a "Captain America" collection to fly Tom down for a comp weekend? Who wants to kick a buggy for him to drive?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.