Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going thru some pics tonite and came across this shot of one of the sport's early heroes. Tom, if you're still out there, I sure as hell miss you buddy!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I have a friend that grew up in Aztec/Farmington area that is not into Rockcrawling. I asked him if he ever went to any events in Chokecherry and all he remembers and talks about is how he liked Captain America.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
It was really impressive to see Tom do so much, with so little.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Man he is a cool guy. Before i had my rig together i was spectating at the first moonrocks Calrocs event, and was watching tom on an obstactale that was giving him hell. I decided to yell as loud as i can(i am a loud person) "Grab second and peel the fuck out" And he stopped... Laughed... pointed at me... put it in second... and held that sucker against the rev limiter for like a minute. It was great, and really got some people excited. I only yelled because i thought he would do it. Sadly he didnt make the obstacle.
Thats my story.

Ian-

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
One of the nicest guys around , I met tom at Donner awile back , good dude. what's he up to these days ?

·
Maxxis Tire Guy
152 Posts
I really like how he drove off the back side of that climb in vernal. I also reaaly dug his twin axle van hauler. He always was the big show with no doe We all miss tom. This is who Howard pearl needs as a celebraty driver.

Creighton

·
Registered
13,973 Posts
I saw Tom a couple months ago!! He came by the shop. Guess what...

HE CUT HIS HAIR!! :eek:

He's super cool! I have the feeling he might be spotted around here a little more often pretty soon. :)

Dustin, I'll be sure to say hi for you if I see him again soon.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yup, Tom is alive and well, but not into wheeling anymore. He's doing machining now and keeps pretty busy with that. I'll send him a link to this thread.

·
Dummer'n Moose Poop
5,393 Posts
Never actually met him, that i know of, but have heard all sorts of stories of his goofy antics and crowd-pleasing ways.
From what I can tell, he's the kind of guy that many competitors could learn from in the ways of gaining attention... to grow their team and the sport as a whole.

Maybe we can get him out to an event as a special guest or something :)

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Its funny, I remember the first comp I ever attended was CalRocs in Victorville and the only 2 things I remember were being amazed at how awesome Walker Evans S-10 was, and Captain America givin it hell. Funny how much things have changed. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would have the chance to work on Walkers rig, much less drive it, and roll it, like I did today :flipoff2:

Ahh the good ole days.....

Dallas

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Thump said:
Never actually met him, that i know of, but have heard all sorts of stories of his goofy antics and crowd-pleasing ways.
From what I can tell, he's the kind of guy that many competitors could learn from in the ways of gaining attention... to grow their team and the sport as a whole.

Maybe we can get him out to an event as a special guest or something :)

Hey Dustin , should we start a "Captain America" collection to fly Tom down for a comp weekend? Who wants to kick a buggy for him to drive?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts