Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would see if anyone is interested in a 4-seater build.

Where to start? Well after wheeling a Cherokee on 33”s, then a CJ-7 on 37”s, I decided I wanted something a little more hard-core. I soon sold my CJ and started collecting parts for a one-ton build. That soon turned into a 4-seater buggy idea and has since turned in to what you will see below. I have a 3-1/2 year old and another one on the way so it had to be able for us all to fit.

All design and built by Bo Turner (ROCKLIZARD1 here on the board) of Bo’s Custom Paint and Rides in Siloam Springs, Ar.

On to the specs……

TBI 350
Turbo 350
NP205
KP 60 (5.38’s)
14 Bolt (5.38’s)
1-3/4” main frame and roll cage, 1-1/2” bracing and non structual areas.
39.5” TSL’s
No bling parts on this one! I'm just a middle class working guy!

We started with a level slab on concrete and started bending.

Then we mounted the motor and tranny. We also had to figure our ride height for shock hoops.

Tied the shock hoops into the firewall and started on the passenger area.

Started working on the back passenger area and some bracing.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Added the double B pillar, some roof bars, and a little more bracing.

Finishing out the back passanger area and added some more bracing.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Looks great!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
What spacing did you use between the double stacked tube for the lower frame area? Build looks awesome!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gonna have it together for bmr?

I doubt it. I would really like to make the Clayton Spring Break run, but with a 3 year old, a baby on the way and working 60+ hours a week, I would bet that don't happen either.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the complements guys.....I'm proud of it!

But let me warn you, this is not one of those builds that will be done in a month. The last pictures are of how it sits right now. Axles are built, and all of the big stuff is bought, but there are a few things I still have to get.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
i love the lines of your chassis:smokin:. rear occupants look like they will be well protected. i also like how the rear passengers sit up a little bit so they have a view of up ahead vs the back of your chair.

keep it up and if you get time build a 4seat chassis for me too.:D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Got more bracing done, and got the winch and radiator mounted. Also started building an engine guard and laying out the dash and console area.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I wonder if those are my old 39.5's that ROCKLIZARD bought from me and picked up in Springfield?

Love the build!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wonder if those are my old 39.5's that ROCKLIZARD bought from me and picked up in Springfield?

Love the build!

No, he's putting yours to good use on his rig. They look a lot different though....he gave them a custom cut. (I'm the guy that was with him when he picked them up from you.) I bought mine off of a guy in Kansas City.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finished up the engine guard and set it up to ride height and layed out the wheel base.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sitting on it's own now. :D

Used a strap to limit the center and flexed it out. Nothing binds and averything looks good and clears.

Still have about 3 inches of droop left in the front and 1-1/2" in the rear.

·
Registered
161 Posts
DAMN!! Lookin good! Tho i must say this thing is screamin for bigger tires haha. :smokin:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts