Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in a magazine awhile back about a company that made a car hauler kit that included pretty much everything.

It had 4 ratchet straps, 4 axle straps, a large bag to carry it all in, and some other misc. stuff that i forgot about.

Any info. would be nice.

·
Premium Member
5,012 Posts
MAC's 'packs'. I think they have the ultra and something like superior.

I'm to lazy to click on chris's link, so its probably what he linked to.

The straps with the integrated axles straps are nice. I have a set (not MAC's, but same idea and quality). However the non-integrated strap (separate strap and axle strap) would offer more versatility if you do more than strap the same rig down all the time).

·
Premium Member
5,012 Posts
anybody make tie downs like that with axle straps on both ends?
Not that I know of... but you might be able to get them custom built.

My straps are from a company called "Beck's Custom Tie Downs". They don't have a web page but they are local to me here in Seattle and make most all the local swap meets. I've been really happy with their quality and they do custom work.

curiosity asks why?

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Not that I know of... but you might be able to get them custom built.

My straps are from a company called "Beck's Custom Tie Downs". They don't have a web page but they are local to me here in Seattle and make most all the local swap meets. I've been really happy with their quality and they do custom work.

curiosity asks why?
I run my tie downs to the rub rail, so having an axle strap on that end of the trailer would eliminate the need to have to use an seperate axle strap.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it was the MAC's pack. I think im going to order one for my 16' dovetail and TJ.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It might have been the Poly Performance kit. Can you post a pic of what all is included and what it looks like?

·
Premium Member
78,528 Posts
Thank you sir.

We have the Mac's Ultra Pack available for $145 with free shipping to the lower 48 states. Give me a ring. (800) 916-4677
From the pic those straps look like they have the "hook" on the long end that
wraps around the axle. I prefer the type with the "D ring" on the long part.
I've found that it's much easier to use and to feed between the axle tube
and the brake hardlines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts