Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a late 1967 F engine in a '67 LV. I am needing some help and pics on how to hook up the Choke and Throttle cables. Does anyone have a rectangle single barrel carb insulator plate they would part with.

What was the reasoning behind the 4-bolt single barrel carb insulator?

Did the rectangle single barrel carb insulator have a vaccum port to the PCV valve? Part breakdowns don't show it.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
my 64 F 135 has the carb insulator with the PCV port as does my 65 fj40, not sure on 67 but I would think so.

here is my 65 fj40 Aisin carb and stock linkage.

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
The cable hookup shouldn't be any different than on the older 67. Throttle cable goes thru the bracket that faces the cowl and down thru the slot in the throttle arm on the base of the carb. Choke goes thru the standoff bracket that faces the cylinder head and onto the choke butterfly arm.

The 4 bolt plate definitely does have a PCV tube on it, and you definitely don't want to try running without it. IDAVE just posted on MUD about this. Wish I could help you with a plate, but I'm gonna use mine to convert my '68 back to a one barrel.

Hth Mark

:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will there be any difference in running the early siamese (2-bolt carb insulator) or running the later siamese (4 bolt inulator) intake?

I could run with the earlier style until I locate the 4-bolt insulator.

65swb45-

The parts sheet wasn't showing the vaccum prot on the drawing. I thought it a little odd and wondered if I was missing something. Guess not. :D

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
I don't understand the question because the 4 bolt insulator went on top of an aluminum intake for an F145, as opposed to a 4 bolt which went on a cast iron manifold for an F135. The manifolds are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Mark, what do I have on my fj45LPB (77 2f motor)

I always assumed it was a homemade adapter to run the Aisin 1 barell on a 2f motor.......but maybe its not

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Well GroundUp, the odds were against it were high, but you actually have the rare, factory optional 2bbl siamese port intake! Seriously, less than 1 percent of F135s have them.

So I revise what I said before: you CAN swap intakes, and swapping makes much more sense than adapting that 2bbl prize back to a 1bbl.

Landpimp, you have the insulator-adapter we've been talking about. I think you knew that! :shaking: :grinpimp:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was there a 2-barrel option?

or

Was it that they ran a 1-barrel on a "1-barrel insulator to a 2-barrel intake"? Was Toyota seeing the 2-barrel carb coming and then switched the intake manifolds to the aluminum style before actually running a 2-barrel.

I saw some postws from rickd looking for one a while back on LCML. I guess them being the rare bird would be why.

Any pics of the setup in any literature?

I am a purist and would like to go back to original.

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
The 1bbl is really the original. You could have special ordered the 2bbl from the factory, with a funky old-school 2bbl, large sight-glass carb that NOBODY has ever seen. You could also buy the 2bbl intake by itself, which is what everybody did. MAF was selling them all the way back in the 70s. SOR used to sell them, until they went obsolete. I have the last NOS one.

IMO, the 1bbl carb is more than enough for the F135, an f145 or even a 2F, which is why I'm going back. Not to mention, it won't hurt to make more room for the power brake conversion! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
no I didn't, was this something one could buy or was it made?

65SWB45 said:
Landpimp, you have the insulator-adapter we've been talking about. I think you knew that! :shaking: :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Pimp, Mark's talking about the insulator under your carb that has the hose going to the PCV valve.. You already have a good one on there.. Mark makes a alum one that can replace the non-existant ones that people like CruiserBrett and I are missing! :)
I think the part that goes out to the hose breaks off on them? Dunno, I bought mine from MarksOffRoad when I was out there. It's not on yet tho!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
OK, I know what you mean, I busted one before, good to know Mark makes a replacement :)

But what I mean is the adapter under my small window carb on a 2f motor.......is it a stock thing or something someone made or what is it?

tornadoalleycruiser said:
Pimp, Mark's talking about the insulator under your carb that has the hose going to the PCV valve.. You already have a good one on there.. Mark makes a alum one that can replace the non-existant ones that people like CruiserBrett and I are missing! :)
I think the part that goes out to the hose breaks off on them? Dunno, I bought mine from MarksOffRoad when I was out there. It's not on yet tho!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Oh.. you mean like going backwards type thing? You've got a onebarrel on a 2 barrel manifold type of thing! I get it.. Uh.. Can't help you there dude! Got no idea.. I have a simeased 2barrel intake sitting in the yard tho! I'm guessing someone turned a one barrel manifold to 2 barrel carb adapter upside down! :)
Being as young as I am and not living in the one barrel carb days, are most one barrel carbs the same pattern?

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Yes John, you have the original 1968 piece. Amanda was looking for one of these back in June IIRC.

Erik, all the Aisan 1bbls had the same bolt pattern. About 6 different varieties between the D40s and the SD40s.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts