Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a question an cant find the answer on the net i'm looking for. Just purchased a 350sbc .40 over scat crank, chevy performance heads with 2.08 / 1.85 valves , cam is comp cam 12-650-5 rpm range 2900-6400 @.050" 244/246 this motor came out of a race car with a two barrel on it. the intake is 4 bbl which they ran a plate adapter. My question is this cam is spec for use with 2bbl can I run a 4 barrel with this cam or do I have to swap it out since i'm using this engine in my mud buggy. I side by side race it and also play in the mud time to time. I've been around engines just don't know all of the ins and outs far as cam, cranks thanks chad

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
I’m doubting this is real as I’d assume a quick google search would give answers to this. But 650 to 750 cfm carb. Holley 3310 for a 750 vacuum secondary carb, probably have to jet it down some of you go with the 750

·
Insurance poor
10,047 Posts
Did you get the carb with it? If so, I would run it with what you got, it worked for them, right?

·
blatant asshole
11,690 Posts
The cam has no idea how many bbls are feeding it.

Sounds like it was a dirt trac spec motor, in which they are limited to a 500cfm 2bbl.

Feed it more, it will love it.

Theres 2 basic ci/cfm cals.
The rough most basic is 1.8 x ci= carv cfm

There is a more complicated on that uses ci /rpm = cfm but idk it off hand

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes it was a dirt mod motor. When I looked up the cam it said 2 barrel application. Just wasn't sure if I could put a four barrel on it. No I didn't get the carb with the motor. But thank you to everyone that answered me.

·
Insurance poor
10,047 Posts
If you can find out what cfm (jet size would be great too) 2 bbl they ran, that should be a good starting point for a 4 bbl.

If you want everyday drivable reliability, run an Edelbrock. If you want all ass out performance at full throttle, run a Holley. :homer:

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,536 Posts
If you can find out what cfm (jet size would be great too) 2 bbl they ran, that should be a good starting point for a 4 bbl.

If you want everyday drivable reliability, run an Edelbrock. If you want all ass out performance at full throttle, run a Holley. :homer:

If you want to go Offroad, get a q-jet
FIFY

1 - 11 of 11 Posts