Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '77 CJ needs a carburator rebuild, so now would be a good time for me to update my fuel induction system. I am considering a new carb vs EFI.

Has anyone used the new Holley "Off-Road Carb"? They make a 670 CFM and a 770 CFM version, and the 670 CFM version would be appropriate for my stock 304 V-8, with Edelbrok Performer intake manifold, and headers / dual exhaust. How well does this carb really work off-road, particularly on steep uphills and downhills? Does it actually work worth a damn, or does it sputter and stall out like any other carb I have seen before? Thanks.

And if I switch to an EFI set-up for my 304 V-8, what is available? I would be happy with throttle body injection, so does Holley (or someone else) make a system for my engine, and do they have the bugs worked out of these yet? I had Holley pro-jection in a Jeep with a Chevy 350 V-8 in it, back in 1991, and it was a never ending headache because it never stayed working for more than a few weeks at a time. Hopefully the EFI systems are closer to 100% reliable these days. What's the verdict? And what's the cost difference between carb and EFI?

ps3tv

1 - 4 of 4 Posts