Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a good listing for the newest motors that toyota still ran carbed intakes on in the past. The reason I need this is because I am trying to see what motor and trans setups I could posiblily put in a toyota truck. The local track is thinking of starting a truck series of some what stock mini trucks (S10, rangers, toys ect.)

This is not any thing they have made offical. I got my info from a good source that they are testing track times with maybe running 4cyl 6cly 8cly manual or auto trans

I know alot about the 2.4 22-r motors its the 6 and 8 cly that I need info on the most

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Boy are you barking up the wrong tree, all the carbed motors used in our beloved Land Cruisers are descendants of the old Blue Flame 216 Chevy, era 1950........tractor motors.
More at home in a tarctor or fork lift than a race track.
Slow, low revving torque motors that weigh more than a 454 Chevy.
Nuff said?
Butch

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've always wondered what a 7MGE (Supra motor) would be like running with dual or triple Mikuni/Weber side draughts..... :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if I could find some info some where that says it was possible Cracker I too would love to run toyota's more high proformanced I-6. As for the info on the landcuiser I-6 thanks, I have never seen one before so I wasn't sure of its characteristics.:D

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
The last OEM carbed mini truck engine was a 22R 4 banger if it helps. Not sure the specs, but I believe there is a turbocharged model. Land Cruiser engines were carbed through 87 in the states but like Texican said would never be a good candidate for your needs. I believe there is a Supra I-6 that is carbed too. Don't remember for sure but I remember pulling ignitors and coils off all of these once upon a time when I needed one and the nearest OEM spec one was $288 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
There is a guy i think down in Medford, Oregon that runs a I-6 Supra Engine in his Land Cruiser. Never personally seen it but i'm sure it's got some balls.

·
Registered
13,838 Posts
Cracker said:
I've always wondered what a 7MGE (Supra motor) would be like running with dual or triple Mikuni/Weber side draughts..... :D
Unbelievably fast!

the twin turbo is even faster. Some come in at about 1100 RWHP. Would be an awesome motor in a fj60.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
dieselcruiserhead said:
The last OEM carbed mini truck engine was a 22R 4 banger if it helps. Not sure the specs, but I believe there is a turbocharged model. Land Cruiser engines were carbed through 87 in the states but like Texican said would never be a good candidate for your needs. I believe there is a Supra I-6 that is carbed too. Don't remember for sure but I remember pulling ignitors and coils off all of these once upon a time when I needed one and the nearest OEM spec one was $288 :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure the 22R te(turbo) was fuel injected and always(for the few years offered) was in the US at least.

John H

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well it seems that toyota only made one true carbed I-6 that had proformance in mind and it looks to be the 3m with triple Mikunis and it looks like it was in the 2000 GT 1966-69 model around in there.

I also found that in 1968 the made there first non-production race motor's truns out that they were the first V-8s they made...

In 1968 Toyota released it’s first race engine- a 3000cc V8, 2-vavle. The next year the engine became a 5000cc V8 4 valve. (A full 20 years before the Lexus LS 400 / Toyota Celsior!) In another year the engine received Twin Turbos.

3M I6 DOHC 12/2 67-68 1988 75.0 75.0 [email protected] 11.0:1
V8 DOHC 16/2 67-68 2998
V8 DOHC 32/4 69-70 4968 102.0 76.0 [email protected] [email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts