Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Shafty.. that looks clean for our area, i'd take the time to look at it.

You know as well as i, the ZJ's have a c channel rear bumper that's a bolt on. Those covers typically show more damage than actually has. If no kinks on rails or warped quarters i'd consider.

If that had a V8 i'd be racing you to it.. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Shafty.. that looks clean for our area, i'd take the time to look at it.

You know as well as i, the ZJ's have a c channel rear bumper that's a bolt on. Those covers typically show more damage than actually has. If no kinks on rails or warped quarters i'd consider.

If that had a V8 i'd be racing you to it.. :flipoff2:
yo john I am going to look at it in the AM and see what is up with it. Its not for me, but I am maintaining it, I don't want to deal with fixing another v8. The 6 is so much easier to work on. It would just be for my MIL driving around town, so I'm not worried about the power or wheeling it.

She has a 98 f150 that needs allot of work, and its more effort than what I think is worthwhile...needs balljoints, exhaust manifold, muffler & a bunch of nickle dime stuff to pass inspection & its rusted to hell with 190k.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Oh well big failure.. I looked at the jeep this morning and it looks great from 10feet, the paint and body look great but......

The brakelines, control arms & everything attached to the front and rear wheels are rusty as hell.. The headliner was held up with push pins, the hvac blower sounded bad, the muffler is booger welded to the cat etc...
The guy admitted it was a car from south jersey, meaning rust and junk...

Anyway the body panels are good, engine is good but I have seen nicer shit in the junk yard & they were firm on the price...the accidents were the better qualities of the vehicle....

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Oh The headliner was held up with push pins, the hvac blower sounded bad, the muffler is booger welded to the cat etc...
The guy admitted it was a car from south jersey, meaning rust and junk...

Anyway the body panels are good, engine is good but I have seen nicer shit in the junk yard & they were firm on the price...the accidents were the better qualities of the vehicle....

I had a 3500 2nd Gen 12v Cummins Dodge from Jersey.

Underneath looked like it had sat in the ocean for 20 years compared to my 3 year newer 2500 Dodge that came from Utah.

It had a fallen down headliner too. I had used push pins to hold it... bad idea. After getting poked in the back and ass a couple times by pushpins that fell out. I got pissed and just ripped the whole thing out.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts