Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I know that there was some carnage at the hammers this last weekend, so lets hear what you broke.

I ran tin bender ally with no problems, but I was 5' from the mantice when its rear end gernaded. Scot estemated over $1000 in damage to the rear end.:eek:

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Couple birfs, one Super and the other one not so super. I also went over on the right front;)

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
UGETIT and Lance had some good carnage on the tow rig, maybe they'll chime in here:D

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
2 Longfields and 1 birf

When I cracked the cage on the 2nd Long, it hosed the very end of the splines on the chromo inner. Should be salvageable though.

Sheered the studs on an outer hub and snapped a steering arm stud.

But it was still the best weekend ever. Bar none.

d

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I hope the guy from up in the bay area will chime in and tell about all the parts that got broken or twisted while I was pushing him, with my truck, through outer limits.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Outer Limits

We ran Outer Limits with no issues besides a broken newfield on an FJ40, a torn sidewall on a 4runner, and another guy who had REPEATED issues and shouldn't have been on the trail in the first place...hmmm let's see...33" ATs with stock pushpull steering for starters. Snapped his front driveshaft in 2, no front spares, so 2 rears were cut and welded to fit. Then he destroyed his rear tire/rim when he got wedged in a rock after taking a really poor line, then he broke his J-arm (I was waiting for that to happen all day), then his drag link was f-ed up, it was a disaster. Seemed like a nice enough guy but he was told not to run the trail and ended up keep the whole group on the trail until 8PM...almost 12 hours. Unfortunately everyone missed the dinner and raffle because of this . Big thanks goes out the Dan the trail leader, really good guy. He made sure everyone got thru.

Otherwise the trail was AWESOME and I dented the shit out of my doors...it was a cherry 4runner before the trip, not anymore!

Kurt G.

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Outer Limits

Genshie said:
We ran Outer Limits with no issues besides a broken newfield on an FJ40, a torn sidewall on a 4runner, and another guy who had REPEATED issues and shouldn't have been on the trail in the first place...hmmm let's see...33" ATs with stock pushpull steering for starters. Snapped his front driveshaft in 2, no front spares, so 2 rears were cut and welded to fit. Then he destroyed his rear tire/rim when he got wedged in a rock after taking a really poor line, then he broke his J-arm (I was waiting for that to happen all day), then his drag link was f-ed up, it was a disaster. Seemed like a nice enough guy but he was told not to run the trail and ended up keep the whole group on the trail until 8PM...almost 12 hours. Unfortunately everyone missed the dinner and raffle because of this . Big thanks goes out the Dan the trail leader, really good guy. He made sure everyone got thru.

Otherwise the trail was AWESOME and I dented the shit out of my doors...it was a cherry 4runner before the trip, not anymore!

Kurt G.
I was your trailer buddy. Hope your not sore about the late nights:D

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
I broke a main leaf going up Jack to the wedding, no issue.

In my group on Wrecking Ball, 2 birfs, 1 rear driveshaft, 1 timing chain issue and Jeep Recovery Team's breaks.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I went upside down hard coming down jack, tweaking the roll cage . My passinger broke his finger and sprained an ankle on Friday. Ripped the drain plug out of the front axle, welded that up. Sunday I snapped a rear axle after my R.R. tire got hooked under a rock doing the "Camo line" on the RCAA pile. All in all, a pretty good weekend. :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
no problems

Hey Randy,

No sweat man...did not bother me at all. I was so damn tired each night that I didn't hear anything. On Saturday at 2:30 AM I had actually woken up to wiz and right when I got back in the trailer you got back from Outer Limits. Damn, that guy you rammed...his truck was seriously f-ed up. Must have been fun!:D

Kurt G.

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: no problems

Genshie said:
Hey Randy,

No sweat man...did not bother me at all. I was so damn tired each night that I didn't hear anything. On Saturday at 2:30 AM I had actually woken up to wiz and right when I got back in the trailer you got back from Outer Limits. Damn, that guy you rammed...his truck was seriously f-ed up. Must have been fun!:D

Kurt G.

Oh ya had perma grin untill my face cramped up:D

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
i reckon that is my pile of tinfoil your talking about:flipoff2:

SO WHOS GOT THE PICS????

the drive home blew some serious monkey balls. no doors, no muffler, no O2 sensor = cold,loud, and no power.

what a great weekend.

<<<<<<<Alex>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
JeepRecoveryTeam said:
2 Longfields and 1 birf

When I cracked the cage on the 2nd Long, it hosed the very end of the splines on the chromo inner. Should be salvageable though.

Sheered the studs on an outer hub and snapped a steering arm stud.

But it was still the best weekend ever. Bar none.

d
Dave! CONGRATS BUDDY! Best weekend EVAR! Tell Lujan I said congrats! You are one lucky guy!
Scott

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fueler said:
i reckon that is my pile of tinfoil your talking about:flipoff2:

SO WHOS GOT THE PICS????

the drive home blew some serious monkey balls. no doors, no muffler, no O2 sensor = cold,loud, and no power.

what a great weekend.

<<<<<<<Alex>>>>>>>>
What time did you guys leave JV and what time did you get home?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Randy said:

What time did you guys leave JV and what time did you get home?
we were airing up/ fueling at the 76 station in Lucern(sp?) at around 4:30....got to jiggas' house at 1:30am. not to bad. with no O2 sensor my shit had way less power than normal. i had it pinned in third almost all the way home:eek: :D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I D' INT break a thang! :D

Other than losing some tube off my truck to fix my motor home's trailer hitch lol :flipoff2:

Big Johnson was off the rocker :D

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I Just got home bout 30 min ago... damn i remember why i only go twice a yr now...

carnage report for the weeked was.... nothing?

my rear diff started leaking after bashing the diff cover all teh way to where it's rubbing the ring gear, my D300 sprung a leak in one of the inspection cover's, the D300 adapter sprung a leak where it meet's the 300, and i bent one link bar... flopped once, did a few odd wheel stand's, but all in all, had a kick ass time...

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i got constipated and developed a hemoroid from pushing so hard:flipoff2: then bounced off jons impact wrench from the top bunk nose first :crybaby:

fuelers rig ended up just shy of RE:todd on the tinfoiled sheetmetal look:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
and a few miscelaneous exhaust components that obviously werent high enough.

and i need a skidplate for my oil pan:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts