Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I heard a crack I thought it was my frame:confused: That was yesterday. Today I discovered this:eek:

·
Does yer dewg bite?
5,664 Posts
Nice work. What were you doing?

·
Registered
759 Posts
ouch:mad: ..................................is that an older z1? Hey you can replace the crown (if thats the only part thats broke?) for cheap.
go to www.universalcycles.com scroll down until you see you see a link that says "bargain basement", click it then scroll down about 1/3 of a page until you see forks, they have a marz crown/steerer that can be used with any fork with a removable crown($20). Check it out, I hope that helps.:D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just doing wheelies and jumping curbs while the car warmed up in front of the house:D I'm sure that this failure was due to overtightening. Totally my fault:mad:

The crown on that site is a steal at $20! But I would prefer an alluminum steerer. I might go this route though. $$$$$$$$ Slug, Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like my buddy at Ceasars Cyclery here in Marin has got me hooked up for $15 and I'll get the whole fork overhauled tomorow :D

·
Registered
695 Posts
quit bying cheep p.o.s and that wouldnt happen:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
strmin said:
quit bying cheep p.o.s and that wouldnt happen:flipoff2:
Maybe you could help me. What fork should I BY? How about you just buy it for me and then next time I break it you can deal with it:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts