Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is a good place to get a carpet kit for my Samurai? I don't need anything real nice looking with a brake handle boot sewn in because I moved my brake back and I need something with no holes cut for the shifter because I have a Toyota with duals so shifters don't sit where they supposed to. So does anyone carry a simple carpet kit or should I just take it to an upholstery shop. I want something cheap and will probably do Herculiner as a last resort, but would rather not because this is going to be a daily driver.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
What's wrong with Herc in a DD? I did a few trucks that way and loved it.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Id do the carpet. I've had herculiner and carpet. carpet kills a LOT of the noise and vibes, get seomething thick and use padding. you can use remnant house carpet too.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Herculiner in my 4Runner, it is great and cleans up easily, I just want something a little quieter on the Sammy. The angles on the hump look pretty big, I want something that hugs it pretty good and tight, I think I might have to have somebody make my carpet for me, I don't want it to look thrown together.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Try to find out who actually makes carpet kits for it and contact them directly to see if you can get a kit without holes. Worth a shot.
Travis..

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Suzyota, I'm assuming you haven't been reading the thread, if you pulled it out, it is probably like mine, has holes already cut for the shifter and probably has a nice hand brake cover also.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
I've got a stock carpet set that is in very good condition along with matching floor mats that say "Samurai"
I would love to get it out of my garage, so make me an offer.
I can get pics if you want.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Looks like you will have to piece together what you need.
Try an auto interior shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts