Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds tempting, but my rig isn't exactly "street friendly" and thats a stretch from town to get up into the snow line for me :(

I'm hoping to make a run from Sunset Falls over to Carson side in the next month or so. Got a cabin near the Stabler store

·
Registered
69 Posts
Gooselake? I thought the roads up there were restricted to the snow lice after the first part of December.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the roads are not closed for the winter up there this is an annual snow run that is doubling in size every year. Please dont bring your stock suburban.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ok, I am interested, but lets see some pics of previous years and maybe a map showing where we are going? Elevations?

I go on a run to lost lake in Hood River County every year but am willing to make a change if your run is better, so lets see what you got.

Its a bit of a drive in my samurai, so assure me that I will like this run, and I would be glad to come.

..and welcome to pirate buddy, be careful about what you post in the toyota section, those guys are very particular about what you post in their section.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sounds tempting, but my rig isn't exactly "street friendly" and thats a stretch from town to get up into the snow line for me :(

I'm hoping to make a run from Sunset Falls over to Carson side in the next month or so. Got a cabin near the Stabler store
not to scare anyone off but if your rigs are less than street legal be carefull, i think it was last winter some pistons wild members and vancouver 4 wheelers went up thru sunset falls and found a police man that gave several tickets for variouse reason's.

plus remember to stay on the roads cause there are no legal trails in sw washington, trails are in process of being built so don't give the government a reason to change there mind. . .we need more trails

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok ill see what i can dig up for previous photos and as for a map if you look up carson, WA and gooselake, WA you can see where we head to. i assure you it will be worth it. the variety of different rigs is worth seeing alone not to mention the veterans who have rigs from a 4runner an 47 ltb to a couple rigs on 49 iroks it will be worth it trust me

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Home, sweet home!

What?:flipoff2:
I'm effin' from Carson. I had no idea there was an annual "snow run". Though I grew up wheelin' those areas. It would be interesting seeing all the flatlander's gettin' stuck...:flipoff2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
not to scare anyone off but if your rigs are less than street legal be carefull, i think it was last winter some pistons wild members and vancouver 4 wheelers went up thru sunset falls and found a police man that gave several tickets for variouse reason's.

plus remember to stay on the roads cause there are no legal trails in sw washington, trails are in process of being built so don't give the government a reason to change there mind. . .we need more trails
Thanks popeye123, but I'm always careful when I wheel.

And your right it was out of Sunset up the 41rd. A few of the PW members that got ticketed told me about it at one of the meetings I attended.

Oh and thanks for the reminder, I almost forgot and started to go carve my own trail system:flipoff2:

·
Registered
565 Posts
how do i put pictures on this thing
Subscribe, get a red star, chief. :flipoff2:

Or you can host them on something like photobucket and then paste them over here.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Yeah watch your ass up there. We all unloaded at the falls last year and made it up to tacalac lake. Came down to 3 vehicles with cops that waited over 3 hours for us. Wrote us tickets for offroad vehicles on the street even though almost all were registered and insured. I went to court and fought it with some info a friends wife found and got it dropped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its not like that on this run the cops up here are all cool with the run same with the wardens theres only one forest cop that might say anything and he trys to say something every year and fails. the carson run is definitly the way to go so bring your family and drink resposnsibly and every thing should be fine

1 - 20 of 22 Posts