Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here use Carvana or Sams club etc to trade in a car? I was just messing around looking and was quoted a pretty good trade in value on my car so I was wondering if it plays out that way or do they get you like a typical dealer?

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Its a joke. They buy your car to resale, have a huge overhead, too many hands in the cookie jar, and dont have the advantage of you buying a car from them.

Whats the vin and miles and ill give you an idea what its worth.

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
When we used up my wife's 08 VW rabbit we took it to carmax and they offered double what I thought they would. They offered me what they were listed for on my local Craigslist, I was pretty shocked.

·
Man Child
24,724 Posts
Been thinking about replacing my truck. Just checked it on Carvana and they will give me $1800. I'm planning to ask $6K for it, and have already had local offer me $5K. Don't know if that's an indicator or not.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put the vin for our 2017 Mustang with 17k and it said $25,800. That's below retail but seamed pretty strong for trade in. I just wondered if they are pretty good about honoring that or not. Sam's club had a better result but now it shows N/A

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
carvana - car max, ect. have a list of cars and Criteria they want for resale. If it's not on there then they will most likely be sending it to auction.
They pay well for the vehicles they want, but don't for the ones they don't. They will buy anything though.

There are several u-tube videos that cover their business model and strategies.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
carvana - car max, ect. have a list of cars and Criteria they want for resale. If it's not on there then they will most likely be sending it to auction.
They pay well for the vehicles they want, but don't for the ones they don't. They will buy anything though.

There are several u-tube videos that cover their business model and strategies.
Anyone use Carvana lately?

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Saw one of their trucks here in rural Upstate NY last week. Didn't know they made it out this far.

Aaron Z
They will ship for a fee or the customer can fly to one of their vending machine locations.

Guess nobody has used the service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts