Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
that guy
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will thank all the fellas that gave me the info that I needed one day while I was at work to get my case spreader dimensions. This is what I ended up with if you guys want dimensions and shit let me know. Beers for all!!!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

And Yes I do use a case spreader Insted of a hammer and a Crow bar.:flipoff2:

·
that guy
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What dimensions do ya want?

Biggnome what all do ya want for dimensions ? It didn't cost me anything to make so that i would not be able to tell ya but it's all made from 1035 hot rolled steel so it should be fairly cheap. plus ya need some hardware and a piece of pipe for the all thread rod.
:beer: :beer:

·
that guy
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what are you talkin about tpi!

you mount the spreader on the case and then you use a dial indicator to control the amount of spread on the case. Using the adjusting nut on the tube side of the all thread the threaded rod will not spin and the pins in the vertical sides fit in the 2 7/8 holes in your front or rear center section. The case spreader is the correct way to remove and install a carrier the spreader itself will alow you to relieve the bearing preload on your carrier bearings. There are myths about cases not coming back when you spread them over and over again and that is complete bullshit, this is supported by physics in metal refering to metals elastisity.

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Okay makes sense, I went and looked at a the HP60 on the floor and now see the holes the pins go in. Makes sense, what is the height and width of that dude?

·
that guy
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TPI here are some dimensions

I made the vertical bars out of 20x2.5x.750 hot rolled plate the bolt holes are 1.25 from the end and side i used 5/8-11 bolts and the the lower plates are made from 18x2.5x.375 hot rolled plate the case spreader is set for 12.5 center to center of the pins right now in the pic. It will go to 15" to the last hole on the lower spreader bars but you could still make it function out as far as 16.5 so I should be able to cover almost all dana axles it will go down to a Dana 30 or even a 20 if need be and up as far as a dana 70 or 80 I would think but I know it'll go on a 60. :D

It is HEAVY so thats why I put the 1.25 lightning holes in it so it could lose some weight. You could probly make it out of aluminum if ya wanted with the same size stock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts