Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my TJ running with 37" MTRs. I read as much as I can on setting the alignment and it sounded like a 1/16" to 1/8" toe in with about 5 degrees of caster was optimal. I started with 1/16" toe in and it wandered all over the place. I went out to 1/8" toe in and the wander got better but still isn't right. I can keep adding toe but but I don't want to eat up the tires if I don't have to. I'm thinking of bumping the caster from 5 degrees to 7 degrees to see if that solves the problem. I was hoping there are people on the list who have played with 37s and can tell me where the sweet spot is?

Thanks,
Whit

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I've got 35" bfg's and run about 1/8. It's doable but I keep both hands on the wheel :laughing:

Newer TJ's don't have a caster setting so are you planning on changing the front pinion angle? I'm assuming you're talking about a d30.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about caster, do you know what your setting is? I'm running a Dana 60 on the front and I think I have plenty of room to adjust it up or down as the pinion is straight on at 5 degrees caster. Factory is 7 degrees but I keep reading that it should be less for big tires.

Whit

I've got 35" bfg's and run about 1/8. It's doable but I keep both hands on the wheel :laughing:

Newer TJ's don't have a caster setting so are you planning on changing the front pinion angle? I'm assuming you're talking about a d30.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts