Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this morning when I got in my Jeep after a long night of heavy rain showers I didn't bother to look on top and see the small lake that had formed on my top. When I went to back out of the driveway guess where it all went. That’s right, on my lap. So now I have to go up and change my pants when I'm already late for work. Is they any way to tighten the top so that it won't puddle?

·
Registered
244 Posts
One of the aftermarket companies out there makes a bow that pushes the top up to prevent this. For the life of me I can't recall who makes it. I'm sure someone else will chime in...or move this to newbie 4x4 discussion...

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Look at marine supply/boat top places. they use stuff like that all the time

·
Administrator
63,765 Posts
I usually just pull forward a bit and then slam on the brakes! :laughing: You just need to learn the fine art of pushing the water off the top. ;) :roxy:

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
I think just about every jeep owner has experienced that! I've also been in a my jeep, while it was completely topless, during hail and snow storms. That sucks! :D
Scott

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Done it..... Twice even... :rolleyes:
Also, living here in TX with the weather changes as crazy as they are, I got caught in a torential downpour that came out of nowhere this past summer..... No top, transmission cover plate off..... I was friggen drenched...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wait till it gets cold and freezes, then it just plain hurts...

·
Registered
556 Posts
open pass door. push up on driver's side of bikini with both hands. at a very high rate of speed, move hands across to pass side. apologize to passenger.:D

·
Registered
766 Posts
kjp98TJ said:
open pass door. push up on driver's side of bikini with both hands. at a very high rate of speed, move hands across to pass side. apologize to passenger.:D
Thats what I do!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm getting pretty good at pushing it off without getting me wet. I'm just tired of doing that and would like something to prop the top up or something so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is funny, you put the word "bikini" in the subject and the thread gets more views than any thing else in the forum.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
WTF are you thinking having a bikini top on it in WA, on a DD this time of year? That is funny chit makes me feel better about my hangover that is killing me. And it rained like a mofo last night.

·
Administrator
63,765 Posts
EBSTEVE said:
WTF are you thinking having a bikini top on it in WA, on a DD this time of year? That is funny chit makes me feel better about my hangover that is killing me. And it rained like a mofo last night.
I live in Colorado and only run a bikini top. Its gets a bit chilly at times, but you learn to deal. It really sucks when you have to scrape the inside AND outside of the winhshield! :laughing: :roxy:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Roxywheels said:

I live in Colorado and only run a bikini top. Its gets a bit chilly at times, but you learn to deal. It really sucks when you have to scrape the inside AND outside of the winhshield! :laughing: :roxy:
the only thing I am thinking is I was drunk as all hell last night and if I had to get up today and drive something that did that to me I would be mad. I have a bikini on the Bronco but it's parked in the garage :flipoff2: about 25 min from his

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
EBSTEVE said:
I'm hardcore, what can I say? :flipoff2:
I have the bikini top with the windjammer and duster with the doors on. It works pretty well and when it's nice out I just pop off the doors.

I got an idea on how to keep the top from puddling. It's kinda the idea of that bow, but instead of spening $35 I'm going to build one out of CPVC for $2. I'll post pictures if it works out.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
FJ40Trevor said:
Can you just prop it up with a 2x4 or something similar? Then just take it down when you drive it?

I carry a 2x4 with me all the time when the top is on it helps out a little bit but I get pissed off when the tops pops and hits you on top of my head.

Whats wrong about getting wet?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Krank! welcome to the dark side:flipoff2:

I used to use a piece of thin 1/2" strap steel that I tack welded to the cage on either side to feep my bikini top from sagging and collecting watter.

any kind of plastic or steel bar/rod/etc... that has a little bit of flex to it will work, just secure it to either side so that it bows up in the middle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts