Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.

im pissed because i have broken about 7 CB antennas in the past 2 years. i broke my last one this weekend at tellico.

does anyone have any brand suggestions? mounting suggestions to minimize breakage? ive been using the normal luggage rack mounts on my roof rack. im thinking of going to a wilson 1000 mag mount whip, maybe ziptied to the rack for extra stability.

also, i think my radio might have sustained some damage from the antenna being badly tuned/grounded after i broke it off and bootyfabbed a mount from a piece of plywood, electrical tape, bungee cords, and some cheap ass radio shack wire.

anyone know of a place, preferably in the southeast, that can check/repair/modfy/tune up/miracle my radio? its a cobra 29NWST.
any info on a good scanner antenna/mounting system would be appreciated as well.

tia
indulf

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Most of your larger Truckstops will have a C.B. shop in their lot. These guys can be wizards, remember, C.B.'s are the "******* internet" and they've been around for years. Try mounting your antenna somewhere less likely to get smacked/pulled. Also, put a fuse on your negative wire to avoid grounding out.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
K40 superflex.. I can bend it 180 without breakage...

The OLD K40's were the best... the one I have can be twisted a full 360!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts