Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Have you ever looked at the welds on a Cannondale? They are some of the ugliest things I have ever seen. Ever looked at the rear swingarm of a Rush:barf:

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I was looking at a Prophet tonight at the race. There was a big inclusion in the weld at the down tube/ head tube junction:shaking:
Just scary.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I repeatedly have had problems with Cannondales. Whenever a customer brings one in there's gonna be one little something that doesn't work right and it's always Cannondale specific. Over the years I've learned to just send them to a Cannondale dealer. I don't have this problem with any other "mainstream" manufacture. Usually I can either get parts from them or from a distributor really easy.

On the other hand, My service manager broke his old ass hardtail and he received excellent customer service from them. Also, I just sold one that I got my hands on and damn if it didn't work pretty F'n good.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I currently have 2 C'dales from 1995. One is a 2.8 road frame, the other a CAAD3 Mountain. I have not had one bit of trouble from either of them and are ridden weekly. The CAAD3 frame also saw XC race duty for about 2 seasons (This bike has now been converted to a ss for campus, picture in the other thread). Has their quality fallen off in the past 12-13 years?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts