1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Forced air is going to give you a more even, comfortable heat if that's what you desire. It may cost you a minor amount to run a fan to circulate the air, but it's worth it IMO. If you're concerned about efficiency and the cost of propane, spend a little more money on 90% plus efficiency equipment. Sterling makes some fairly inexpensive space heaters, but they are generally rattlely and inefficient.

Do you have a local HVAC supplier that will sell to you directly? If so, you could hang a 70k BTu furnace in your shop with some simple ductwork and it would work beautiful. You may want to see if a local HVAC shop has some changeout units laying around that they'd let go for cheap. Pay no more than $50-100 for a used 80% furnace. I took out a 70k btu Carrier today that I have no use for, 6 years old. People change their minds all the time, see if you can make it work for you.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
pmurf1 said:
Forced air is going to give you a more even, comfortable heat if that's what you desire. It may cost you a minor amount to run a fan to circulate the air, but it's worth it IMO. If you're concerned about efficiency and the cost of propane, spend a little more money on 90% plus efficiency equipment. Sterling makes some fairly inexpensive space heaters, but they are generally rattlely and inefficient.

Do you have a local HVAC supplier that will sell to you directly? If so, you could hang a 70k BTu furnace in your shop with some simple ductwork and it would work beautiful. You may want to see if a local HVAC shop has some changeout units laying around that they'd let go for cheap. Pay no more than $50-100 for a used 80% furnace. I took out a 70k btu Carrier today that I have no use for, 6 years old. People change their minds all the time, see if you can make it work for you.
don't forget kerosene portable salamanders as well. I use a 100k btu model, it's portable, and it is hellfire hot.

j

1 - 3 of 3 Posts