Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any?

I've got ATT wireless multi mode digital/analog.

anyone know if this can get out from Spider?

I need to keep on top of a situation and coverage or no coverage is gonna play into if I go friday or saturday and if I stay Saturday nite or not...
tnx,

- Dan

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
Originally posted by Dan-H:
<STRONG>Is there any?

I've got ATT wireless multi mode digital/analog.

anyone know if this can get out from Spider?

I need to keep on top of a situation and coverage or no coverage is gonna play into if I go friday or saturday and if I stay Saturday nite or not...
tnx,

- Dan</STRONG>
Im thinking .... not.. not even analog the couple of times I've checked

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
It is spotty but yes.

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
i usually have 3 bars droping down from walker into sluice and if you hike to the top of the lil area ove rlooking spyder you can get signal usually, i have at&t also! jiMMy

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by pavement pounder83:
<STRONG>anyone use sprint up there?
Drew</STRONG>
I'm not certain, but I thought Sprint was PCS only, and doesn't have analog I think and coverage gets pretty spotty in the foothills.

I think the analog travels a bit farther than the PCS. The analog is lower frequency (900 Mhz vs 1.9 Ghz) and I thought Higher transmit power.

anyway, I don't know, but when Sprint was at my work offering phone deals, they were not too confident of their system in my area (West El Dorado County).

- Dan

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
Originally posted by Dan-H:
<STRONG>I'm not certain, but I thought Sprint was PCS only, and doesn't have analog I think and coverage gets pretty spotty in the foothills.

I think the analog travels a bit farther than the PCS. The analog is lower frequency (900 Mhz vs 1.9 Ghz) and I thought Higher transmit power.

anyway, I don't know, but when Sprint was at my work offering phone deals, they were not too confident of their system in my area (West El Dorado County).

- Dan</STRONG>

Maybe thats it, my work phone is a Sprint phone (and yep, they have analog as well as PCS.. use it all the time.. dont get a PCS signal in my living room in Livermore of all places)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
my analog coal fired phone from elko worked just fine there, personally i think digital sucks unless your downtown and even then they dont always work

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Yup. I got ATT as well. That flat spot on that ledge above mud lake just after walkers mine comes in crystal clear.

·
Registered
171 Posts
anyone tried using a directional cellular antena?

I hear they can be attached to regular phones and work realy well out in the sticks.

you just walk to the toop of a hill, and then start turing in a circle till you hit a cell site.

I've never tried one, I think I read about it on a hummvee site someplace.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts