Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could only take one, which would it be?

I had to run to the store Sunday morning and when I got there it was closed. I reached for my phone to call the Mrs. to ask her what other store was close(we just moved) I realized I had no phone, but did have my pistol.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Looks like the pistol didn't do you much good in that situation.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Pistol.

Phones are an item of convenience, pistols are a weapon and a tool for self preservation. Borrow a phone or use a pay phone.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
A local gun shop used to have this on the marque

"Would you rather have a cop on the phone or a gun in your hand?"

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
If I leave the house with only one thing in my pocket, is my pocket knife. Everything else is optional depending on where I am going and what I doing.

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
If you could only take one, which would it be?
I almost always try to remember my cell phone, whenever I am carrying. (Which is most of the time.)

If I am in the unfortunate position of needing to use my handgun, I want to be the FIRST to call 911 and give my side of the story.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
wtf is a cell phone?

I don't own no speak box, get enough calls at home/work so when I leave I don't need to talk on the phone, I need a break.
Did get a new/used SA .45 Ultra Carry yesterday:smokin:

·
Registered
854 Posts
If I am in the unfortunate position of needing to use my handgun, I want to be the FIRST to call 911 and give my side of the story.
WRONG!!!!!!
Do youself a favor... memorize this.... hello 911... there has been a shooting at (insert address) please send police (hangup)...when cops arrive... you say "I have just been through a traumatic and life threatening event, before I answer any questions or give any statements, I want to talk to my lawyer"... ANYTHING ELSE WILL LIKELY GET YOU SENTENCED FOR A CRIME! DON'T BE STUPID!!!!! it doesn't matter if you get taken to joil... in a few hours you will be free... if you give a statement.. you may not get that luxury

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
WRONG!!!!!!
Do youself a favor... memorize this.... hello 911... there has been a shooting at (insert address) please send police (hangup)...when cops arrive... you say "I have just been through a traumatic and life threatening event, before I answer any questions or give any statements, I want to talk to my lawyer"... ANYTHING ELSE WILL LIKELY GET YOU SENTENCED FOR A CRIME! DON'T BE STUPID!!!!! it doesn't matter if you get taken to joil... in a few hours you will be free... if you give a statement.. you may not get that luxury
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you on this. First of all, you don't give a statement over the telephone.

You call 911, tell them you were in a life threatening situation, you are armed, and have shot the aggressor. Give them your description so the police don't shoot YOU when they show up. Tell them you need police and ambulance, then hang up.

While I would not go into detail about the incident without a lawyer present, I guaran-fucking-tee you that you will be better off if you are the one to call 911 and engage the emergency services.

And how the hell else are you going to get help (your wife, lawyer, etc) without a cell phone? You aren't going to leave the scene. After the police show up, you are likely to get ONE phone call, and that's it. And you will likely have to wait for that. You will want legal assistance engaged as soon as fucking possible.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you on this. First of all, you don't give a statement over the telephone.

You call 911, tell them you were in a life threatening situation, you are armed, and have shot the aggressor. Give them your description so the police don't shoot YOU when they show up. Tell them you need police and ambulance, then hang up.

While I would not go into detail about the incident without a lawyer present, I guaran-fucking-tee you that you will be better off if you are the one to call 911 and engage the emergency services.

And how the hell else are you going to get help (your wife, lawyer, etc) without a cell phone? You aren't going to leave the scene. After the police show up, you are likely to get ONE phone call, and that's it. And you will likely have to wait for that. You will want legal assistance engaged as soon as fucking possible.
Did you not just fuckin read what I wrote, or are you straight retarded???
I said call the cops, get them to the scene, I said not to go into details( statement), and to get a lawyer... what are you disagreeing with

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
Did you not just fuckin read what I wrote, or are you straight retarded???
I said call the cops, get them to the scene, I said not to go into details( statement), and to get a lawyer... what are you disagreeing with
:laughing: :laughing: Please allow me to apologize for having apparently stepped on your e-cock.

I didn't realize I was posting in the presence of such an authority. You called me out, I responded. Perhaps I should have been more clear on what "my side of the story" is, as I elaborated on in my second post. You busted out the giant red font. You apparently have an issue with me.

Ever had to call the cops after a shooting?

I have.

Now piss off.

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
If I leave the house with only one thing in my pocket, is my pocket knife. Everything else is optional depending on where I am going and what I doing.
well you should have already contacted your lawyer telling him you may have to shoot someone and just wanted to meet with him "in case" something happens!! :flipoff2::lmao:

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I almost always try to remember my cell phone, whenever I am carrying. (Which is most of the time.)

Good idea, I will remember that. I always wondered how guys that had to use their handguns didn't end up getting shot by police when they arrived on scene.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Let's see. There is little to no cell reception where I live and the Sheriff's response time is 45min (at best). Guess which one I choose?:D

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
If you do this, you will be getting a call back. If you don't answer your phone it will relayed to the officers responding that you are not answering on call back. As dispatchers and first responders are trained to do, they will assume that you've been shot as well or incapacitated in some manner. After the cops stage, they will roll in code three and treat you just like some other suspect. They will secure your weapon from you and most likely detain you until the medics have arrived. This is something else to consider. Hanging up is going to delay any sort of medical response as well. Medic will not roll into an active crime scene, so the scene has to be secured. If you hang up, it is going to take longer to secure the scene. Now if you've protected yourself correctly and douche bag bad guy is dead and you are uninjured, then it's no big deal, but if you are injured it is going to delay response to you.

Being from that world, my advice would be do as you said above. State my life was in danger and I shot the person putting my life in danger. I would give them my description and where I will be standing. I would keep my firearm on me and tell them that when I see officers I will unload the firearm and place it somewhere they and I can still see it.

Hanging up is only going to elevate the situation. And I really don't see a benefit in it at all. A good dispatcher isn't going to question you as to what happened they are going to ask you things like how many people are involved, did anyone run away, are you injured, is the person you shot dead or injured. If they do ask you details, just repeat what you've already told them, it's not going to make you more guilty. And you are right, being the one that engaged first responders is going to make it better for you, but all that will be taken away if you hang up. If I am able to tell my troops that I am still on the phone with you, tell them when you see them, and tell them where you are putting the gun so they can see it with their own eyes, it is going to put them at ease. If they roll in hot, with no idea and no communication to you via dispatcher it is NOT going to help you at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts