1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
You'll get service if you don't have Verizon..:shaking:

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Verizon is spotty at best, txt msgs....pretty sure in spots, full on fone calls... I didn't have much luck with'em last weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
AT&T here. From the clearing just below WH1 I get full bars. WH3 is spotty at best. Never really paid attention to anywhere else

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Considering there is a cell tower right on top of Signal Peak, reception is generally pretty good. If you ever have an emergency, send someone hiking up the north side of the canyon until reception fills in. Much of the canyon is line-of-sight, but some of it lies in the signal-shadow of Signal Peak.

I get better service with my AT&T phone than I did with my T-mobile.

Randii

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
With Verizon, it depends on the phone you have. I haven't had any problem with my old Startac w/ an external antenna. A lot of times I am the only one w/reception, my budies have used it to make calls for parts/spare tires from Eagle Lakes side to Meadow Lake.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Verizon is spotty at best, txt msgs....pretty sure in spots, full on fone calls... I didn't have much luck with'em last weekend.
My Nextel works most of the trail.

Its hard toget ahold of someone when there phone doesn't work and there CB is on a diffrent channel. :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
My Nextel works most of the trail.

Its hard toget ahold of someone when there phone doesn't work and there CB is on a diffrent channel. :flipoff2:
Rick got my fone to ring comming down to the first creek crossing, your call must have gotten lost in the big mud pit :flipoff2:

And what other chanel than 10, would anyone run...:homer:

·
* The Printer *
18,158 Posts
You guys with Verizon, are your phones all digital? I have a tri-mode and get analog reception when all the rest of the Verizon phones fail.

note > I don't know about that area but this is true for several other areas.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Analog is pretty old school. I grew up right near Fordyce and back in the day I had a phone with both analog and digital. Got much better service then.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts