Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search, and couldn't find any information on the best bushings to use for a TTB.
I did a cut & turn of the beams, to equate to a 5" lift, and am presently in the process of reinforcing everything. I don't want to go uniball, or anything too fancy, I just don't think I need that. Just curious on the type of bushing which has worked the best for longevity and performance?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you explain by "cut and turn" of the beams?

I've never heard of this........
Cut and turned the end of the beam, at the knuckle, so drop brackets aren't needed in the center. Do a search, allot has been written on this.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah, I just Googled it.

Lots of info but not a lot of good pics or write ups on how I do it. I was just curious.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you're looking for a compliant ride and longevity, go with the factory style rubber bushings. I'm sure others will say go urethane, but if you think of the hundreds of thousands of trucks with rubber pivot bushings and the amount of miles on each... you gotta admit that they do last a long time.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
If you're looking for a compliant ride and longevity, go with the factory style rubber bushings. I'm sure others will say go urethane, but if you think of the hundreds of thousands of trucks with rubber pivot bushings and the amount of miles on each... you gotta admit that they do last a long time.
not when twising the suspension, the stock bushings are ment for road use and mild off-road. ive tried running stock rubber bushings and i kill them from twisting all the time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts