Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
is there any spring shop anywhere in central IL. and how much more lift can you get from stock K30 packs? if there is a shop around here can they re-arch spring packs so could get around 4/3" height lift? F/R ? thx

i have found this so far:

http://heritagewelding.com/order_springs.php

anyone know anything about this place? or is this not the right place or way to go about making getting lift springs,. from my stockers?

·
Registered
706 Posts
St. Louis spring can make whatever you want. I had them make some new main leaves for my s10 axle swap. I set it up with wagoner lift springs, needed a little more shackle angle, so I had them make leaves that were 2 inches longer, 1/2 inch more arch, and the center pin 1/8 inch farther forward. They make springs in the morning, I think they said they shut the forge down noonish. Ask them to show you around.

LEAF SPRING SUSPENSION

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Burke Spring in Danville is a good shop. I'm pretty sure they will discourage your plan though. My understanding is that old stock springs will only hold the arch for a little while and then will sag back unless you take them apart, heat, arch and re-temper them. It would be cheaper to order a set of lift springs...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts