Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I wanted to post in the hardcore jeep section to get the right response. As I need to be the student and not the teacher I think this is the right place. Though I am offically new to this site. I may disagree with being considered a newb if I understand the meaning right. I have been creepin on here for years. I have been fabbing and building homemade parts for trucks, jeeps and harleys since before the average person has had PC's in their home or websites like this have been around. I am not bragging just fact. And as all you know the wheeling world keeps evolving. I will not ask stupid questions EXAMPLE (which is better a body or suspension lift for 31's.) :laughing:. I have been out of the extreme wheeling and group enviroment for about 12 yrs family, kids, job, etc.:eek: I have lived all over and wheeled in lots of places. I am on my fifth jeep. I have caught up reading the highly informed topics of 1 tons under jeeps by multiple buliders and Billavistas guide to 60's and everything:cool2:. The question I have is to ask the forum hoping to locate someone local to me (central Oklahoma) with some experience in this already -60s under the jeep. I already got my axles. This is to kinda look over my work and guide AKA ( drink my beer and make fun of and laugh at my work and shortcomings) with out letting me screw up anything to bad as I am trying to make the most from the time and money I use ,to the parts I fab or buy. I am self sufficient with my own shop, vehicle lift, welders, plasma cutters, benders and I am some what self taught using these tools from out of necessity of the self doer to being a farm raise child. Meaning my tactics and techniqes may suck.:flipoff2: ("Tractor breaks" you now become tractor mechanic.) Trial and error engineering. I am not much for use of the different forums except this one or even how to post. I highly value the experience and wisdom here.:grinpimp: But I want to start off on the right foot. I hope it is acceptable to ask for anyone local on the forum that wants to assist in my endeavor. AKA ( drink my beer and make fun of and laugh at my work and shortcomings) with out letting me screw up anything to bad as I am trying to make the most from the time and money I use to the parts I fab or buy. Local knowledge of resources would be helpful. Also I would like to accomplish a good thread during the build. which will be a 6 to 8 month process. My priorities and my wife's differ some.:laughing:
Thanks for your input, guidence or your in general WTF do I look like attitude. Thx:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
What in the name of methamphetamine is this?

1. Find friends that wheel. They'll help.

2. Figure out what you want to do & how much you're willing to pay.

3. Plan it, ask questions and read up- then build it. Shit happens, stuff breaks, you'll occasionally do something twice. Good planning minimizes this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What in the name of methamphetamine is this?

1. Find friends that wheel. They'll help.

2. Figure out what you want to do & how much you're willing to pay.

3. Plan it, ask questions and read up- then build it. Shit happens, stuff breaks, you'll occasionally do something twice. Good planning minimizes this.
I don’t understand the phrase "What in the name of methamphetamine is this?"
I don’t know anyone around this area that wheels nor do I have friends that wheel. HENCE THE REASON FOR THE POST. I have figured out what I want to do and what I want to pay. Money is not an option..... time is.
I have a plan and I have read up on the topic. I do not like to do it twice when it can be avoided as I attempt to be logical. I am limited to some week nights and weekends as I own my own business as DOD contractor and I have to be deployed sometimes. I was merely asking for some one on one oversight on my project by an experienced person at their leisure. My specific job related talents lie in Risk management and loss prevention which are currently in high demand. So I don’t get to hang out at the local college or 4wd shop to " make friends".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
by the title of this thread, I thought this was going to be a gang bang invite
:lmao: Ok so I am new to this forum and posting things. But I see you point. :D I need to meet knowledgable people on this forum but definatly dont want to come across queer. :shaking:

·
Ford Bigot
4,100 Posts
If you're an expert, then why do you need someone else to build it for you?

And why is this in Hardcore Jeep? Put this in a regional board closer to Oklahoma.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trailchasers.com
Thx ChadPA .:).....I didn’t want to just make an assumption because I might end up at a meeting with the fore mentioned CACTUS4wheelers :lmao:. I will make contact with those Oklahoma trail chasers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you're an expert, then why do you need someone else to build it for you?

And why is this in Hardcore Jeep? Put this in a regional board closer to Oklahoma.
I never claimed to be expert..:shaking:.. just experienced and knowledgeable. I don’t need someone to build it for me I like to be self sufficient. I merely wanted some oversight, guidance or supervision.:D

Thx for your suggestion of where to post I was not sure as I am very new to forums and computer retarded.:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damnit you guys are brutal. :eek: I am sure glad I dont wear my feelings on my shoulder yall make a fellar want to run home to momma crying.:lmao:

But really Thanks for the input, sarcasm and generally using your time on replying.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts