Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And in talking with a Head of a small local PD, I mentioned needing a letter from a LE Dept. To do certain things. I was told "no, problem. I'll give you whatever you need"

What does this letter actuall look like? I imagine it needs to be specific huh?
Are there any samples out there? No I have not gone to the BATFE site to read about it yet

·
Premium Member
17,873 Posts
An 07 will not need a letter for class 2 manufacturing, only to buy NFA items.

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I know that.

But to buy the 250.00 1919 from AIM for them, I need a letter. Just wanting to know what that actually looks like

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I was interested in this also.. I just don't see how these guys are getting 1919's and shit...

Is it as simple as going to a PD and asking if they want to play with some toys or what?

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
I have never seen one. But it is my understanding that it's basically just something on department letterhead.
What I do not know is how specific they are. I have heard that they need to mention what it is.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I have some samples bookmarked somewhere. I'll see if I can dig them up.

·
Premium Member
17,873 Posts
Ones I have seen were on letterhead, specifying the sample make/model/bbl length/cal. CLEO signoff, no notary or anything. Def not a preprinted form.

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have some samples bookmarked somewhere. I'll see if I can dig them up.
That'd be great

Ones I have seen were on letterhead, specifying the sample make/model/bbl length/cal. CLEO signoff, no notary or anything. Def not a preprinted form.
so you've seen them ? Thats what I wanted to know. If it was a form letter or what. I can handle that.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
:grinpimp:

(written on agency letterhead)

January 1, 2004

Spreadfire
Attn: Steve Ou
P.O. Box 72271
Las Vegas, NV 89170

Dear Mr. Ou,

The City of Anytown Police Department requests a demonstration of the following full-automatic weapons for purposes of test and evaluation only:

A. Colt M1A2 and M4A3
B. Bushmaster XM15E2S
C. Israel Military Industries UZI, Mini UZI, and Micro UZI
D. Heckler & Koch MP5A2, MP5A3, MP5SD2, MP5SD3, MP5-K, G36E, G36C,
G36K, UMP 40, UMP 45, and UMP 9
E. Glock 18

This is a request for demonstration only, not a request for purchase. The City of Anytown Police Department is not obligated to purchase any of these weapons. Please ensure these weapons are available in a timely manner. If you have any questions please call me at (123) 456-7890.

Sincerely,

John Smith
Chief of Police

1 - 12 of 12 Posts