Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
no joke.

Dakota were designed from the factory so that its wheel well would only be designed to accept size 33" tires at the most.

Right now I have 35", fenders trimmed as much as I can, and still they rub.

In order for the 39.5's to NOT rub at all, I will need to lift the suspension of the truck high enough so that the tires won't be able to rub at all.

If I move the front forward, that's fine, but moving the back forward isn't an option for me. I want this truck to also look nice. moving the rear wheels forward and chopping off the back end will definately make my truck look like crap.

I'll just raise it, keep the wheelbase the same, and see how it performs. If I don't like it, guess I'll sell it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
it seems you already decided what you are going to do before you posted

sooo your gonna wheel it but not hardcore, you need it to haul plywood your dirt bikes and jet ski and you want it to look cool i say you need to keep it as it is and buy a trail rig that you don't care about so much

if your goin as far as stuffin a 60/14 into it with coilovers then you can afford to pay someone to modify the fenders/bodymounts to work with less lift (if you don't have the skills to do it yourself)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts