Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yeah, we have a few different table and a bunch of accessories at work. I seen the price list:eek: Industrial or Million dollar fab guy only.
Ah but Bluco does offer used tables and Lease to own or Full Purchase...
a 4x10 table with no fixtures costs about $12k... ish.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Mine was an old machine base. It was at a local plant that phased out some equipment. 1" thick blanchard ground top - only problem is its zinc coated. But, I hold my breath when I grind on it. :p

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Had to share a customers order who wanted his tables from us copper plated.

·
Vendor
3,744 Posts
I really want one of these:

from here: New buggy at Poly Performance - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

what are they called and where can you find them used? ideally I want one that is 5' wide and 10' long about 2' tall

do any of you guys have one or is poly the only place? what else have you used/made for building a chassis and misc. other things. can you give me some pointers? I like the flat sides on the table that poly has, that would make things like the tumblehome easy to get perfectly even.

I have a line on one but I just want to make sure it is the best one I can get so I dont have to do it over again in a few years.

That was my table, still have it, but its currently separated into two tables. I bought it on Ebay, from Michigan actually, it was some machinery mover who kept and sold some of the big junk he acquired from moving. it cost me more to ship it to CA than I paid for it. Score of a lifetime.

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Was there a practical reason for plating them? It sure does look purrrdy...
I think they wanted the ultimate ground and to what they were welding. Also you wont get any rust on the platens on any sides. Pictures really don't do it any justice.

·
Vendor
5,227 Posts
Here is a table I built to use in the shop. It is all laser cut. The bottom side of the table has receiver tubes so I can easily mount things like a tube notcher, vise, and extended pieces for jigs. This is more of a general use table. The slots are for standard clamp down kits for a milling machine. This makes it very easy to source clamps, angle blocks, and more.

This table measures roughly 3x5 and about 38 inches tall. It does have leveling feet on the corners. All of the parts were laser cut. I have some other parts to the table that are not pictured here.

Motobilt welding and fabrication tables | Motobilt Metal Fabrication Blog

·
Vendor
5,227 Posts
Yes sir, that was a nice find.

Dan DuBose

2" solid top 5'x10' blanch ground, 2 sides "squared" with 3/8" holes CNC drilled and tapped in a 4"x5" grid. Craigslist for cheap (basically just the price of the 4000# plate with no work done to it) and drug it onto a tow truck for a quick ride back to the shop.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts