Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
pretty neat. i'm not thrilled that it does the measurements from the centerline of the tubing, instead of the outside edge. all things considered, it seems useful. i dont' bend enough tube to justify buying bendtech, but i've always wanted to create/find some software to lay out 2-D bends so i don't have to draw on the garage floor anymore. i'll have to give this a try.

edit: i was just messing with this program a little more, and just realized that it doesnt work from the center outward, but instead starts at one end and works across to the other. not thrilled about that either.

·
Registered
815 Posts
not OS compatible. once again us mac guys are out of the loop. lol
oh well ill just have to download it on my pc like everything else. its just a shame because the lady wont let me install the bender in the middle of the living room where the pc is.

·
Registered
308 Posts
not OS compatible. once again us mac guys are out of the loop. lol
oh well ill just have to download it on my pc like everything else. its just a shame because the lady wont let me install the bender in the middle of the living room where the pc is.

Have you found any program like this for a mac? I just got a mac and everything like this is for windows.

·
Vendor
2,594 Posts
Like bringing a knife to a gun fight. It is better than nothing.

Can I put in a vote for Bend-Tech? LOL

·
Registered
79 Posts
I believe you can put windows on Mac's so you could use either of these programs.

Just an idea,

I lean towards solid works, but then again I've never used bend tech or anything else.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like bringing a knife to a gun fight. It is better than nothing.

Can I put in a vote for Bend-Tech? LOL

trust me if i had the money right now id buy bend tech but for just your basic faber this who barely bends tubing and would like to get his plans off the floor or paper this is pretty nice.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've spoken to Chris from 2020 a number of times and love the bend tech software. I highly recommend it but I thought you were asking for free.

I'm waiting on the new version. Before I upgrade.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I believe you can put windows on Mac's so you could use either of these programs.

Just an idea,

I lean towards solid works, but then again I've never used bend tech or anything else.
You could put windows on the newer Macintoshes without too much trouble. The older ones require an emulator program to do it plus a copy of windows as well. For that kind of price you would probably be better off buying a crappy, used PC and leaving it in the shop to use bending programs, stream music, etc.

As for bending programs, I've got solid works and that is what I plan on trying to use first before spending any more money since I don't bend that much tube. Drawing on the garage floor has worked so far, but it leaves a bit to be desired.

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
To me, bend-tech is the affordable package!

Remember you don't get only software you get support :smokin:

http://www.2020softwaresolutions.com/
The cheapest solution is just paying attention in geometry ;) I've only had to redo one tube so far, the math of bending is pretty easy with nothing more than a tape measure and angle finder.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
unless you have been messing with tube for a long time you will come out cheaper by buying bendtech and not messing the high dollar tubing that is rising every day. Go ahead and fawk up 20' worth of DOM and tell me which is cheaper?

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
The cheapest solution is just paying attention in geometry ;) I've only had to redo one tube so far, the math of bending is pretty easy with nothing more than a tape measure and angle finder.
I guess you are right, software isn't needed. We should go back to modeling everything on graph paper, all prototypes and drawings should all be done by hand :flipoff2:

Sure, you don't need software but if you do chassis, or elaborate parts the software is WELL worth it.

-Todd

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I bought a version of bendtech and really liked and used it. UNFORTUNATELY, it was installed on an old win95 laptop (which made it easily portable) the machine crashed, and the thing has/had some kind of key code, and since I cannot "uninstall" it from the crashed comp, I am dead in the water as far as using the Bendtech. When I bought it, they were supposed to have cool updates on their website with new(er) bends, but that never happened. I have kind of given up on the whole thing.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I bought a version of bendtech and really liked and used it. UNFORTUNATELY, it was installed on an old win95 laptop (which made it easily portable) the machine crashed, and the thing has/had some kind of key code, and since I cannot "uninstall" it from the crashed comp, I am dead in the water as far as using the Bendtech. When I bought it, they were supposed to have cool updates on their website with new(er) bends, but that never happened. I have kind of given up on the whole thing.
i've never dealt with the bendtech guys, but from what i've seen on this board, they are pretty stand up people. why don't you give them a call and tell them your info. i'd be surprised it they didn't help you get your copy back/get another copy.

·
Vendor
4,132 Posts
That program is nothing like Bend Tech. I've never once measured the angle of a bend. Just take some simple straight measurements and off to the computer I go. Punch them in and it give me everything else needed. BT also does 3D parts with even the 2nd cheapest version. :smokin:

I highly recommend that you call Cris and talk to him about it. He will help you get back up and running. 1-651-257-8715

1 - 20 of 32 Posts