Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some new tires and I want goodyear MTR 37-12.5 15r is TIRERACK the cheapest price $169. People have said Sam's Club but they want $183 is there any other cheaper prices in Nor Cal area. Please list if so.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wow, that is a great price! Does anyone know if Tirerack does installs too or is it just mail order? There is one not far from me. I was looking at 35" MT/R's and they're about $165 at Sam's Club and Tirerack. I see Sears also sells Goodyear and they are supposed to price match as well. I may have to look into this as I am hoping to SAS this summer and will need bigger tires. :D

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Priest said:
America's Tire will price match tire rack
the one here laughed at us....and we know people

although a friend a 4wp parts made a reciept/tag for $163 I think, not sure if it will work

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
try the americas tire in campbell. From what i remember they hooked my buddy up, and when i went in there they were very willing to deal for me.. until one guy tried to sell me the rims and tires off his truck.. not a bad deal, until he told me on top of it he wants the tires and rims off of my truck "just to get around for now" I got pissed, he got cocky.. went off about how his 15x10's were SOO much better than 15x8's that i had... (I like 15x8's more for a 12.5 tire.. very very few people could convince me that i would perfer 15x10's)... well.. i just got pissed and left...
But on the up side, i had gone in there for a flat repair (nail in the tire), and they fixed it for free.. even though the tires and rims came from 4 wheel parts.. dispite that guy, I have sent a few people back, but mostly to the gilroy store (cant deal as much because of not as many sales)... including my mom.. (of which i advised her to buy one of about 5 or 6 different tires.. and the guys talked her into a set of mitchlen ltx's... i tried to talk her out of them, but she thought the tire shop knows more than i do.. damn do those tires suck.. but then, i dont think they were expecting that that particular 98 4 runner limited, would ever go off road.. let alone mild rock crawling... I had tried the same trail before with the bald dunlops and went no problem, could have done it in 2wd, with the mitchlens it was slipping like mad, had to use 4 lo, and even still wasent stable... I did the same trial in my ram in 2wd, with no problems (33" bfg muds help)).

Anyway.. enough off subject... try out that americas tire in campbell...

Garrett

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
Priest said:
America's Tire will price match tire rack
when i got my 31's i took tireracks price in to americas to see if they would and explined to the guy that i was just getting prices and that i would be back in a week with the money. well a week later i was at another one in town with a buddy getting some tires on his car and tried to get them to do it. the manager wasnt going for it and was being a punk. so i went back to the other store and said the guys said this much and showed him my tirerack printout and they were cool wtih it. try it and if it doesnt work try another store or wait and talk to someone else. thats how i got lifetime warranty pads for 7.50. 1st kragen said they couldnt do it so i went to another one.

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
xextr3m3 said:

the one here laughed at us....and we know people

although a friend a 4wp parts made a reciept/tag for $163 I think, not sure if it will work

I had no problems at the one in Livermore. I just did the printout of what the total would have been from TireRack and they took care of it. The guy was even cool enough that he charged me for normal mounting and balancing instead of oversize.

Just a note that this is the first time I have ever been in there and they didn't know me from Adam.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
the manager at the Hampstead Maryland Walmart agreed to price match 37's at other walmarts with the above receipt

i'll be confirming this soon :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
6,861 Posts
nissanmudder94 said:
the manager at the Hampstead Maryland Walmart agreed to price match 37's at other walmarts with the above receipt

i'll be confirming this soon :flipoff2:
Hey, Let me know how that goes..I live in Carroll County as well, and need tires for my 4runner. In fact my g/f's dad is the police Captain up in Hampstead.

Cheapest i found 37's is for 706 shipped from tirerack/tires.com...one of them.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!

I got Wal Mart here in Wichita to match the price for me today.

Plus when they arrive, I'm getting the tire protection plan on them for $9.76 a tire. Which is good at any WalMart with the tire center nationwide.

Who would of thought..... I'm here price matching all these online super stores and I end up getting what I need at the good ole' local Wally World?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just got mine today order them up yeserday and they were $750 with shippingnot rush shipping.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey where to get them mounted and balanced. Shop's want from $60-$150 Crazy

·
Registered
429 Posts
do you guys have costco over there?

from what i've seen costco is beating tirerack's prices.. AND that price includes mounting, balancing, lifetime warranty, etc.

i was in there getting tires for my mom's car and noticed that they had 31/10.5/15 bfg ATs for 113.99 per tire, mounted and balanced..
i think tirerack wants 115 before shipping even.

·
Registered
492 Posts
ikeaboy said:
do you guys have costco over there?

from what i've seen costco is beating tirerack's prices.. AND that price includes mounting, balancing, lifetime warranty, etc.

i was in there getting tires for my mom's car and noticed that they had 31/10.5/15 bfg ATs for 113.99 per tire, mounted and balanced..
i think tirerack wants 115 before shipping even.
my local costco doesn't have Goodyear. Northridge CA 91325

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got 37s today for 160 each at walmart w/ the receipt above printed out.

Warning - The first walmart I went too about freaked because their goodyear special order book & the UPC code above in the receipts showed a $573 ea price. They sent me away. The second one was cool. They double checked the price on the MTRs & found that their real retail is around 180. They matched the above receipts 160 each w/ NO SHIPPING.

;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I manage a BigOTire store in Chico and will price match anyone on MTR's or any other tire. Our tires are made by goodyear and we have a deal with them to get em cheap.

IF YOU NEED TIRES COME TO CHICO OR CALL MY STORE AT
(530)893-2213

the name is Steve:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 270 Posts