Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was just wandering if you have seen an hysteer kits cheaper than trailgears $299??

thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
yea give rubicon express a call 877.367.7824, i think they are running a sale for $250 right now.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys also whatt are my options on steering boxes, are toyota ifs boxes my only option??

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
a lot of guys are starting to use samauri boxes cause they save wieght and can be found pretty easily

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok ya i have been looking around in the junk yards around here, and i cant seem to find any toyotas to get boxes off of..so sami's might be a good idea
i also dont want to pay 300 boooogys, for a new one..
also what about an old little 4wd mazda??

·
Registered
380 Posts
yea give rubicon express a call 877.367.7824, i think they are running a sale for $250 right now.
Seems sweet but do they have the Lifetime Warranty like Trail Gear's?

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Got a couple of guliable ones here mobil1syn!!!!!!:flipoff2:

TG's is proablity the cheapest, the best, could not tell you, never seen it or ran it. I know Marlins and All-Pros are good quality units.

Hit American River Wreckers on Sunrise, last time I was there they had a number of PU's/runners with steering boxes. Do not try and "jerry rig" your steering.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i will do that for sure, know what do you mean by jerry riging my steering..well i know what jerry rigging is..duct tape and super glue:flipoff2:

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
a lot of guys are starting to use samauri boxes cause they save wieght and can be found pretty easily
:laughing::laughing: I hope this was in Toyota when you posted this...

Now that it's in Newbie,

TG is usually the cheapest on a lot of Toyota parts. If price is you #1 criteria for choosing a vendor, then go with them. I have TG parts on my rig and haven't had any problems with them.

Steering boxes aren't that hard to find. I think there is one in the classifieds for $90. No offense, but you don't sound like you have enough experience to be looking outside the box for new and innovative stuff. Keep with what works.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
ok i will do that for sure, know what do you mean by jerry riging my steering..well i know what jerry rigging is..duct tape and super glue:flipoff2:
In my opinion the sammy box will not be up to the task on a Toyota. They may work fine on a sammy because the are a lot lighter. Find a box that comes off something that weights the same or more then your Toyota. Some people have used a box off a Scout with sucess. The nice part about the Scout box is the front of the box so you do not have to cut the body mounts to move it forward.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thanks a lot guys, i just called a toyota yard and they have one for $100 buks

problem solved:D

thanks guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts