Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT IS THE BEST SOURCE YOU GUYS HAVE FOUND FOR BRAKE PARTS? SPECIFICALLY FITTINGS, LINES, AND A PROPORTIONING VALVE. I LOOKED AT JEGS, AND I'M HOPEING THERE IS A CHEAPER PLACE TO GET AT LEAST THE 25' COIL OF LINE AND FITTINGS, AND MAYBE EVEN A PROPORTIONING VALVE, THEY MUST USE THEM IN SOME INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS.

ALSO, WHAT SIZE LINES DO YOU GUYS RECOMEND USING? I ASUME 3/16"? ALL HARDLINE NEEDS TO BE REPLACED, HOW MUCH DOES LINE SIZE AFFECT BRAKING FORCE? I'M PLANNING ON A 7/8" BORE MASTER AND 3/16" LINES. THIS WILL BE UNBOOSTED AND PUSHING ON MINI FRONT DISCS AND MONTE CARLO REARS. SOUND LIKE A GOOD SETUP? MAYBE A 1" BORE MC?

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
I got all my stuff from Summit. Of course I am 40 minutes from Summit which means I don't pay shipping and handling so that is a bonus.

As far as line size, my only suggestion is, what ever line you decide, stay that size. I had 3/16" line from the master to the front, and 3/16" about half way back to the rear, where it stepped up to 1/4" line. Rear brakes were shit. I changed to complete 1/4" line from the MC all the way back and re-bled the system and presto, problem solved.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
GLO...40 mins From Gardnerville to Sparks...you got a jet powered Cruiser? That's some fancy driving...LOL...I second Glo...I get all my stuff from Summit too...

·
Banned
34,097 Posts
GloNDark said:
I got all my stuff from Summit. Of course I am 40 minutes from Summit which means I don't pay shipping and handling so that is a bonus.

As far as line size, my only suggestion is, what ever line you decide, stay that size. I had 3/16" line from the master to the front, and 3/16" about half way back to the rear, where it stepped up to 1/4" line. Rear brakes were shit. I changed to complete 1/4" line from the MC all the way back and re-bled the system and presto, problem solved.
I get my stuff from summit too, and they have free shipping! They usually have the best prices, and super fast shipping too.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I went to the pick your part and got all the fittings and line I could use for like 5 bucks , they dont charge much for stuff like that. All the Toyota cars from the 80's and 90's use 10mm fittings and flares and line that is approx 3/16". They have 2 way and 3 way fittings and all the mini truck braided lines are 10mm so your set. Mini trucks have nice long sections in the bed you can bend to your needs. I used a stock 87 S-10 master cyl with non-power brakes from pep boys for 25 bucks and it works great with Mini front discs and chevy rear discs. I got my prop valve at Summit and its a Wilwood with a summit sticker on it for half the price. Theres a link at IH8MUD.com on how to use the S-10 master. I like non-power brakes cuz they feel the same all the time ,running or not.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YEAH, I'VE DECIDED ITS GOING TO BE CHEAPER THE GET A NON BOOSTED CYLINDER THAN TO TRY AND GET MY LEAKING HYDRO BOOST WORKING AND GET LINES MADE FOR IT

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I just ordered a bunch of custom lines from Crown Industrial... 760-599-0090, ask for Jim...

They were SUPER cheap!! I got the teflon coated ones, and the prices ranged from $12 to $18 per hose, whatever ends I wanted...

For the M/C, I'm running a 1" bore MC for my cruiser caliper/monte caliper setup, and it's perfect for manual brakes...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts