Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2002 4x4 extended cab F150. What is the cheapest way to lift it. I am not looking for anything massive just 2-3 inches. It is mainly a daily driver so I do not need 40 inch super swampers. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
crawl underneath see the 1 bolt on each side of your torsion bars. screw those in and bingo 2 inches.... you can run 285's on that truck stock.

·
Registered
367 Posts
crawl underneath see the 1 bolt on each side of your torsion bars. screw those in and bingo 2 inches.... you can run 285's on that truck stock.
that and a add-a-leaf in the rear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Agree, Crank-em Up, I've Seen 35" On My Buddys Rig But Be Careful With Rim Choice (backspacing). Get The Alignment Done And Your Ready!

·
Registered
901 Posts
id leave the torsion bars alone unless you like a stiff ride and like changing ball joints and cv shafts. its simple cheap and easy but does have its down falls. if you just wanted a couple inches id go with a 2 or 3" bodylift:grinpimp:

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'd go with the T=Bar twist and a 3" body if I was broke....(which I am).....and lookin for a way to fit some 36-37s on it....good ground clearance too under the bellypan/suspension crossmember.....just don't twist too much or it'll ride like shit, eat up parts, and be a general PITA....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I can't screw the torsion bars in any more because one side is already screwed in all the way. I have not changed anything. The left side is screwed in all the way and the right side still has several threads left. I am assuming the dealer did this when I had it aligned.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I can't screw the torsion bars in because one side is already screwed in all the way. I am assuming the dealer did this when I had it aligned.
I reccomend that you and your poseur friends all take a hit of antrax.

And get the fuck out of here before the night crew comes :laughing:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I reccomend that you and your poseur friends all take a hit of antrax.

And get the fuck out of here before the night crew comes :laughing:
What is wrong with that? That is they way they are. One screw has no threads showing and the other still has a few threads. Also, if I crank the torsion bars how long will the CV joints last?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Because this is extreme rock crawling site, not extreme mall crawling. Then again you can be a nub like me and web wheel all day cuz your junk is just rotting outside, but I am still a step on you.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Dyanamite is the quickest way to lift your truck. And cheapest!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Jack up the front of the truck until the suspension is at full droop, this should be about 2.374 inches. Place a 2x4 cut to length between the a arm and frame. Lower front end. Jack up the rear, repeat process placing 2x4's between the axle and frame. Truck is lifted. Enjoy. Make your first wheeling trip to the supermarket (I assume this is where your hardcore wheeling goes on) And buy the following.

1- gallon of bleach
1- blender, the shallower the better
1- bottle of the hottest hot sauce you can find.

Fill the blender with hot sauce, drink the gallon of bleach as quickly as possible, and fuck the blender like I fucked you mom over a barstool.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What do you plan on doing with your truck? Are you gonna wheel it or just have it for looks? If you want to do this right you can get a nice suspension lift, but if you want to have it for looks you can throw a little body lift on there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It will see some mud, but it is mostly for getting around a ranch in bad weather when the roads turn to mush.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts