Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking at options.....
Going to a Vortec 350 but trying to retain the Scout t-19 since I already have a custom output shaft and dual xfers on it and it has custom clutch linkage for the right-hand-drive Scout. Advance Adapters said I have to use a stock chebby bellhousing on my tranny but that doesnt take into account for the RHD linkage. Their adapter goes between the bellhousing and the tranny using the Scout disc and the chebby press plate. I would like to redrill the chebby flywheel using my press plate, ,disc, bellhousing and clutch linkage if I can make an adapter between the bellhousing and the block...

Anyone tried this before?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
slipscomb said:
Just looking at options.....
trying to retain the Scout t-19 since I already have a custom output shaft and dual xfers on it and it has custom clutch linkage for the right-hand-drive Scout. Advance Adapters said I have to use a stock chebby bellhousing on my tranny but that doesnt take into account for the RHD linkage.
"I think you would be better off to sell all the Scout junk and do the drivetrane all chevy, you will be money ahead."

How would he be money ahead?...he already has the stuff, his tub is right hand drive...and who else out there has a right hand drive scout that gets wheeled like this, and then would buy this stuff???:rolleyes:

Besides all that, it's too cool having the right hand drive scout that gets thrashed all the time.

Sean, i wish i had the info you needed...good luck! Can't wait to see it

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, thanks for the comments Patrick. In a way, ,you're right. I do have money tied up in the Scout tranny and quite frankly there is nothing "junk" about it. It has been very reliable. The adapter that chebby used is a weak design for my style of wheeling which is why I'm using Ford xfers. Bigger bearings and bigger inputs. Comparable outputs compared to the turbo 400.

I placed the Scout bellhousing against a 350 block and it looks like it will be a cinch the make the adapter ring. It looks like two of the bolt holes already line up. Just got the frame set on the coils and going to start the lower control arms tomorrow. After that I will be focusing on the motor swap. Will keep you guys posted and maybe can post some pics soon. Any info on this motor swap is appreciated, though.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
requires more money and design time. I'm not quite confident in a hydraulic clutch either. Fluid runs out or seals go bad end of competition. My linkage design has held up to years of serious abuse and has never let me down so I would prefer not to change the system. I have, however considered that as an option.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Scoutillac said:
I was refering to the drive trane components:rolleyes: Maybe you need to read the post I made a little closer :rolleyes:
I understood what you were talking about...as in tranny and tcase...but it's not a scout t/case, it's a doubler(ford)$$$$$(lot of money). Which i don't think are cheap. Also, it has the linkage setup for right hand scouts already. How many people are driving right hand drive scouts, that ARE LOOKING for RHD t-19 wide trannys with the custom output shaft for a ford doubler.

Didn't mean to come off harsh, but my main point is that a LOT of money was put into this and would be pretty hard to sell.

of course chevy stuff is easier/cheaper to go with, but when your dealing with a RHD Scout, and putting a Vortec 350...your kinda limited to ONLY custom components...especially when you have had the linkage setup like that for a while......

i just wanna see if you can break anything on it sean, ill give you some money

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Well, your buddy asked for options and I presented one for him. I don't pretend to know shit about his Scout nor do I fawkin care. Fuck you and have a nice day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts