Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help, I have a 94 4unner with the 3.0L I have pulled the
codes and found a 14 and 26, the question is hase anybody had
problems with the igniters or what any help will be greatly appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
I've been told that 14 will pop up during diagnostics from time to time. While tracing my 02 problem, sometimes 14 would show up, other times, it would not. I jsut ignored it. I wouls look for a problem in the "rich " circuit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
What prompted you to pull the codes? Pull the battery cable to reset the comp. and pull them again to see if they still show up. What exactly are you having troubles with?

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
BlueYota said:
What prompted you to pull the codes? Pull the battery cable to reset the comp. and pull them again to see if they still show up. What exactly are you having troubles with?
My guess is the light came on. :confused: Pulling the cable, will clear the codes from the computer. You can then wait until the light comes on again, and check again. Seems to be wishful thinking to me. Usually codes are cleared after you think you have solved the problem, you then check for the light to come back on and see if the same code is shown again. For some reason, the computer for my 3vze would take 50-70 miles to pick up a problem again, after clearing the computer. To make sure the computer wasn't bad, I manually triggered a code (pulled the egr sensor) when the light finally came on, it threw that code as well as the o2 code, that I was tracing. I was getting code 25

·
Registered
197 Posts
It just seems odd though, and I know it happens all the time..."the light just came on" But usually something changes, sounds, smells, lurching, high idle, smoke etc. So was it actually a bad O2 for you? Or was it just a glitch in the ECU? My books are showing that code 14 for him is igniter and coil as he said, and 26 can be a multitude of things, all pricey. I`m gonna go out on a limb and agree with the O2 censor here, but I havent a clue why it would come up with 14 as well, lets hope its just showing up as you said.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Mine ended up being a short in the 02 harness as a result of the 02 loom contacting teh exhaust pipe. It melted all 4 wires. I repaired those, then the code showed up. The short is somewhere else in the loom. Doesn't matter now, the 3.0 is getting pulled next week :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts