Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
11,475 Posts
That don't make an ass bit of sense.

· Registered
227 Posts
The whole purpose of a Watts link is to provide near verticle up and down movement of an axle with minimal side to side movement. I ask you this does that look like any ammount of appreciable verticle travel is possible. I know that we aren't dealing with race cars or muscle cars here but all of the Watts links that I have seen have one link pointing slightly up and one pointing slightly down to achieve the desired and intended effects. That is why I think this is a shitty execution of a very good suspension design. Also if it is a Watts link the distance between the center pivot ( I dont see one in the pictures) and where the control arms pivot from is far too short of a distance to achieve the desired and intended effects of a properly set up Watts link. I believe that the person that built this had at best the basest idea of what they were doing. They probably didn't look into any of the theory of why people do them the way they do them, and probably thought "i's gunna do it this a way an its gunna be cooler cause it be differnt than the ones i seent on the google image serch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.