Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
ok.... :eek: thats a divorced 205 ran off a 2wd tranny with a disk brake off the rear output as a..brake :confused: the front output running to ANOTHER 205 :eek: and a chain driven pump for the full hydro steering....

Its tech qualification is what NOT to do to a vehicle :laughing:

·
Registered
7,868 Posts
i thought it was kind of an interesting set-up, if it was done a little cleaner, i think it would get some serious looks, but all the rust and torch-cut steel makes it look like booty-fab even thought it might be sound.

·
Registered
713 Posts
the rear ds angle looks like it sucks. if you simplified his design something it isnt too bad an idea, just that there are a lot of ujoints in there to give up. looks like its on track for a mud truck.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Thats a new twist on "Dual Cases" :laughing:

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
cool, it's a PTO spare tire carrier :laughing: :flipoff2:

That's what the benders should do to krusty's toyota... a PTO "wheel of fun" :eek:

·
Registered
939 Posts
I think he's definatly got something going there...If it actually works and makes the truck go forward :D

Just needs to clean it all up real good. And true, that is a lot of joints going on there!!

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
atleast he tried somthing. he could be sitting in his house bashing other peoples ideas.

·
Vertical Limits
5,037 Posts
yeah, I think that what everyone is saying is that there are a lot of joints to fail. Like you have no brakes if one of those joints lets go or if that little outer shaft breaks when you apply the brakes.
thats a lot of br(e)akes in one sentence :laughing:
less booty than a lot of shit out there, but pretty bad anyway
By the way, I put on a sanctioned mud race and you ought to see some of the shit that shows up there. I want to post some of it but don't want to have my name connected with it :laughing:

·
Registered
7,868 Posts
just a note: as far as brakes, it looks like the rear drums still have lines running to them. maybe the disk is purely for extra braking power, especially since it's up the gear reduction ladder a bit.

·
Registered
18,896 Posts
I think you are right FL666. I have seen that setup in MI before, well not THAT setup but a driveline break for tractor tires. Drum brakes don't stop those big tires for reasons we all know.

So that is a D70 front axle? I thought those were closed knuckle? That looks like a kingpin C but I don't see daylight shining through it. I can't tell. What is it you guys think?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
it's not set up too well, but i have seen worse. :rolleyes: so the rear transfer case is being used as a v-drive? it took me a few minutes to figure it out. :confused:

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
There was a guy who hung around with/was a sierra rockcrawler. BIG ass jeep, it had dual 205's setup in it like that... but WAY better execution. Thing had like a 7 link front end, air bags at all corners with forced articulation integrated with mercury switches... it was fawking KraCeee :eek:

·
Registered
611 Posts
shit that looks like somethin i would try :flipoff2:

·
Banned
7,871 Posts
Hmmm looks like someone should lay off the meth....
I need to know where that front drive line is connected....Does that thing have a motor up front too?..I'm thinking this rig does more than wheeling.Maybe its the start of a pumpkin slinger...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Its not my thing but this is nothing compared to the vast majority of "show rigs" on the street out there. At least that thing was never ment to be on the road, it doesnt appear to be super dangerous (once the joints are covered) and it seems kinda functional. I'd drive it into the bayou.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts