Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK now guys before you open this besure you have enough wood area.I've been drooling over this for a week now and the guy came back and demoed it for me today.This machine works as well and as fast as the video.Check it out.Base price starts at 12,500-16,000 pretty much loaded.Now this is Canadian funds so of course divide by two:( .
www.metalmaster.ca

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost 100 views and only one person has a comment.Didn't you check out the video?This unit kicks ass!

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
rob said:
Almost 100 views and only one person has a comment.Didn't you check out the video?This unit kicks ass!
What are you looking for a reason to buy it? Tell the wife you'll use it to smash cans for recycling.

Joe

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
In just under 1,000,000,000 cans it will pay for it's self:flipoff2:

This would be dammm nice to have thats for sure.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
What????

It doesn't drill?

Hardly worth a second look then.

(Yeah, looks pretty fundtional)

·
Premium Member
30,413 Posts
:D

it is not a bad machine but if you are really in the market for a iron worker then i strongly suggest you shop around. there are several diffrent brands and i think you will find that there are better machines out there than the one you pictured.

fyi. i have owned several scotchman iron workers over the years and they are hard to beat. but look at the pihrana and a few other off brands before you buy.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Camo -- what does a 65 ton model cost?

There was a 65 ton http://www.scotchman.com/fullyintegrated.html with TOOLING (not sure what, nor how much) for $7500 in the paper. It said "lightly used". Didn't have the money, so didn't bother wasting the sellers time with silly questions. Still mighty tempting as it was listed a month later.

Scotchman models

Not too likely I'd be punching 3/4" plate.... 3/8" perhaps. :)

With lots of the shops going belly up (sigh!) you can find 'em at auctions from time to time. For under $2000 I'd drag it home for crushing coke cans.

Tom :usa:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do any of those other machines do all the same stuff without costing an arm and a leg.I like the size of this machine as well.I saw a piece of 1/2x3 flat bar bent over like the end of a hockey stick.The pipe bender worked so nice too.Remember this is canadian funds so brand new would be under 10 k for the US fully loaded.I think it will fit in a two bay garage nicely :D The wife says ok but my account says no.

·
that guy
2,609 Posts
We have this ironworker at work.........

We have the scotchman Ironworker Its good for punchin slots and holes but not the best machine in the world for a small fab shop its OK I guess i prefer drilled holes over punched holes. But i will say it is nice to chunk off a thick piece of plate or somthin and nip corners off and shit.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.