Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Improper mounting/dismounting? I have seen people tear the bead like that dismounting tires.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
zags said:
Improper mounting/dismounting? I have seen people tear the bead like that dismounting tires.
Yeah i've done that getting an old dryrotted tire off...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yeah, that's happened to me before.. Dismounting a tire without lube. Gotta lube up the rubber before pulling it off, or :nuke:

·
Registered
318 Posts
If it blew out like that on the rig it was probably cut while being mounted last time and the bead was weakened.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
I had a crappy 35" radial do that. Stuffed a 1.5" diameter stick in the bead on my old CJ. It was like driving over a spear. :eek:

Are there spears in CA on the trails? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Unless during a real low air down you may have cut it on a rock , i see that happening only by a really shitty tire installer. Hope that wasnt you :D ,but that appears from here to ike they all have said poor installation.
I had a guy do that to 2 brand new Wintson tires for my boat trailer in Lone Pine,when we blew a tire outside Inyokern in 110 degree heat. This kid didnt know that trailer tires have big lip on the out side to keep the tire on the rim,you need to turn them upside down to install and remove them. He tore one of them before i caught it but it sealed ok and has not leaked yet.
Ya hippie do you find this on the trail or at the tire dealer?

I would raise some shit over that big guy..;)

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Improper install on the beadlocks :D :D . Seen it from a tire machine :( :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Improper mounting/dismounting! I have torn the bead like that dismounting tires,especially old dry rotted tires.

ALWAYS USE PROPER TIRE LUBE the tire before mounting or dismounting!!!

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
They will not give me road hazard on the wheeler anymore, something about 22 tires since 1998!!!!:rolleyes: I took it over to were I bought them; Americas tire and they guarantee it on the manufacture warranty. Cost me $11.00 for a new tire!!!
It blew out when I was airing it up when I put it on the beadlock!! Here is what the bucket looks like that it was sitting on!!! Scared the shit out of me!!!!! Piss me off, that bucket is older then me!!!!! My Dad bought it when he bought his 1939 Oldsmobile in 1939 to wash it!!!!!
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
nice bucket. Wish I had a bucket like that:flipoff2:

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
OOP'S said:
Scared the shit out of me!!!!! Piss me off, that bucket is older then me!!!!! My Dad bought it when he bought his 1939 Oldsmobile in 1939 to wash it!!!!!
:D

my math is REAL good and i dont see how that bucket can be older than you????:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Booger Weldz said:

my math is REAL good and i dont see how that bucket can be older than you????:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
Listen son!!!! I was born 2/8/45. Don't forget my birthday this Saturday!!!!:flipoff2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts