Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Scorpion

They can't handle a rig on the back., more suited for atv' and shiat.

I was think about building something like this for my trailer. Buy a cheap pop up, and throw it on the front of a 20' trailer.

Just tossing ideas around at this point, but I sure do like the concept.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,697 Posts
if it can handle 4 quads I'd think it would be able to handle a small rig...

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
RJ, click over to this post and scroll down until you see a big Doka Unimog with a fold-up on the back: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147869

Too lazy to retype it, but I saw a fold-and-tumble setup done with a pop-up at the front of a tent trailer, with room for a trail rig to the rear when the pop-up is folded compact and then pivoted up on end. The 'hinge' looked booty, but it did look do-able...

Randii

·
Hophead
77,685 Posts
I've thought about that exact idea but aren't a lot of pop-ups longer than trailers are wide? My friend want to put a pop-up on a "turntable" type arrangement where he could spin 90* at camp

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I saw that setup selling from the freeway. It was at a dealer in between Stockton and Sac. On the East side of 99, next time I am down that way I will take a look at the sign. I thought it would be way to heavy at the tongue, then I remembered I was towing a cement truck, as my friends have told me......

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
lil-bronc said:
I saw that setup selling from the freeway. It was at a dealer in between Stockton and Sac. On the East side of 99, next time I am down that way I will take a look at the sign. I thought it would be way to heavy at the tongue, then I remembered I was towing a cement truck, as my friends have told me......
ya, seen the same ones and thought damn, that is an awesome idea. i am going to build my own so it will be able to hold my k5, but good thinking on others to make and market something like that

·
Registered
6 Posts
I sure would like to find one that fits in my pick up bed, has stilts so I can leave it behind, and it folds out of the sides of the bed!!! I saw one several years ago in the the Idaho out back. It was snug.

If you know of such a product let me know.
Cheers,
Mr. Ed

·
Registered
87 Posts
DRED said:
if it can handle 4 quads I'd think it would be able to handle a small rig...
You would have to modifie the axles and beef it up a little for that to work. The axles are to far back you put a buggy on it and it would be ass heavy as hell and be all over the road. i had a friend once load a 1970 ford with a 460 2wd drag truck on a trailer back wards once and with all the weight on the ass end like that it started wipping on him at about 50mph on the highway and he ended up loosing it and sliding the tow rig and trailer down the side of the cement wall. It ended up pretty nasty mess.
Rowdy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts