Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: 2/28/17
So I'm definitely not buying that Path. I went and looked at a 2000 Xterra 4WD with 159k. Fresh timing belt. Fresh passenger side exhaust manifold. Steering felt a little loose and it pulls to one side. 4WD works fine. Body is in fair shape but needs some work. He's asking 3.5k for it. Is it worth grabbing for 3k and putting some work into it? Didn't look like much rust at all as I'm in the Southwest.

Hey everyone. I am new to the 4x4 game and looking for my first truck!

Locally there is a 95 Pathfinder for sale with the following:

ARB front winch bumper,roof rack, solid axle swapped dana 44 front and 9 inch rear axle. 5.13 gears with detroit lockers front and rear. power windows and locks. tilt,cruise, A/C. 3.0l v-6, automatic with overdrive. brand new 35 inch tires mounted on 17x9 inch wheels.

Overall it looks very clean.

The seller owns a local 4x4 shop and says there is 20k miles on the build. I'm not yet sure the mileage on the drivetrain. Assuming no rust or other issues what do you all think is a fair purchase price?

I'm really looking for a vehicle that I can take camping and use for basic offroading.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly not more than 4-5k.
Thanks. I just went and drove it and the motor and transmission are strong. It has 238k on the odometer although that's off due to the tires and gearing.

He is going to put in a fresh timing belt and water pump for me as well as a new stereo. The valve cover gaskets were just replaced. Brand new tires. Including a 8000lb winch.

Is 6.5k too high? He's asking 7.5k...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts