Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the angle of my pinion by pulling off the tubes on my axle and rewelding them at a diffrent angle so that i dont have any more stearing problems. I know you can do it at the knuckles but i want to do it at the pumpkin because i have closed knuckles and it looks harder to do it out there instead of at the pumpkin. what do i have to do? just drill out the main weld and then pull them out? (i know pulling them out will be a pain)

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
You can't just pull them out. You would be better off removing the knuckle end and changing there.
Once you get the weld's in the punkin cut or drilled out you also have to fill up the holes you drilled in the tube. Then you have to beat the hell out of the tubes or have a big press to push them out. Generally when removing tubes from the center your doing it to replace the tubes. When your just changing castor/pinion angle you rotate the knuckle end.

Go ahead and give it a try. But, unless you have lot of good tools and know-how plan on buying a new front axle cause the one you have now will be junk.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Getting the tubes out of the housing is not hard. Just takes some time. Now I can't say that that much work would be worth it for a closed knuckled front. I would save the time/money and get an open knuckle front to start with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts