Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is well documented on about every toyota message board that the 63" stock chevy springs are a GREAT upgrade to any toyota truck/4Runner. But has anyone looked at the 4" Lift Chevy Springs ?

Since the stock springs only give 2" of lift in the rear on a 4Runner, DogdenII had thought that the 4" lift springs should lift the rear 6". Take one of the leafs out and mix that into the stock 4Runner rears for the front spring replacement should make everything level at about 5"

Has anyone thought of this? Done this? Think it is a bad idea?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh sharing secrets....:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Here is the thought process on this:

These 4" chevy lift springs would net you close to 6" of lift with no extended shackles (not going there).

If you remove the second to bottom 2 leaves from the pack, you will net about 4" of lift from the pack. Add in a longer shackle and sit at 5" lift out back.

If you take one of those leaves and add it to the toyota rears and put them up front, you'll gain about the same amount of lift at 4". Again, add the longer shackle for the 5" of lift.

The only problem that may come about is the difference in spring rates. you may have to add in the 2nd leaf up front to compensate for the motor.

This will run you 130.00 for the springs
another 50.00 for the new hangers
another 50.00 for the shackles
then about 6 hours of labor.
Trim off 2-3" of fender and run 37's

say roughly 250.00 for the 5" of lift

:D Gurus? :D

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
it would work fine.. and great.. the reason for stock 63" chevys is the price tag =] cheap flex..

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
MudShack said:
It is well documented on about every toyota message board that the 63" stock chevy springs are a GREAT upgrade to any toyota truck/4Runner. But has anyone looked at the 4" Lift Chevy Springs ?

Thanks for the link, I was looking for some of these :D :D .

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shhhhhhhh it is a secret!!!

·
Registered
961 Posts
ok- I just took the initiative:

Both the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton springs are 3 leaf. The counter guy say one is arched more than the other. If you are considering these guys- know that shipping alone was quoted to me as $149 so the low price solution requires you to pick them up.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TK said:
so of those- is it the springs for the 6 or 8 lug that you would choose?
I was looking for their 9 lug springs for the special people.:flipoff2: lol

Wilson....so it looks like they advertise the cheap springs...make up the money in shipping/handling, and they don't flex??? DAMN!!! Why would you want lift with no flex??? Oh right.....show trucks....Well a rusty ol 4Runner aint ever gonna be a show truck.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dogden called them and apparently the 6 lugs are 3 leafs and the 8 lungs are 4 leafs w/ overload.

And shipping isn't that bad. Must research the flex.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just put a used set of 3/4 ton 8 lug springs on a 88 4Runner and it flexes as good as my 1/2 ton chevy springs. :D

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rockslammer said:
Just put a used set of 3/4 ton 8 lug springs on a 88 4Runner and it flexes as good as my 1/2 ton chevy springs. :D
It flexes as well as my 1/2 ton chevy springs. LOL....Just messin with ya.

Thanks for the input. That is what I will be looking at today. Trying to find testimonials on these springs. I want FLEX AND LIFT. Just enough lift to fit the 35's or 37's with minor trimming.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MEK, where on that site? I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Click on the picture of the nice toy with the exo and it will come up, its the red extra cab.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Re: Re: Chevy 4" lift springs

RE:Todd said:
Thanks for the link, I was looking for some of these :D :D .
Todd,

Did I see another thread where you has a pic of some fresh lifted chevy springs being installed on your junk? I cant seem to be able to find that thread again but if that is the case, are they the same springs as Mudshark is talking about in this tread? Did you buy some? If so, have you tried them yet and do they flex as good as the stock chevys do? I am thinking of buying a set but want to know if anyone has tried them yet. Thanks

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Chevy 4" lift springs

Roc Dog said:

Todd,

Did I see another thread where you has a pic of some fresh lifted chevy springs being installed on your junk? I cant seem to be able to find that thread again but if that is the case, are they the same springs as Mudshark is talking about in this tread? Did you buy some? If so, have you tried them yet and do they flex as good as the stock chevys do? I am thinking of buying a set but want to know if anyone has tried them yet. Thanks
I went with 4" pro-comp springs, pulled the overload, and added 2" blocks. They'll get the test on the 15th, and I'll post pictures after. It looks like they'll work well.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
DogDenII said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh sharing secrets....:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Here is the thought process on this:

These 4" chevy lift springs would net you close to 6" of lift with no extended shackles (not going there).

If you remove the second to bottom 2 leaves from the pack, you will net about 4" of lift from the pack. Add in a longer shackle and sit at 5" lift out back.

If you take one of those leaves and add it to the toyota rears and put them up front, you'll gain about the same amount of lift at 4". Again, add the longer shackle for the 5" of lift.

The only problem that may come about is the difference in spring rates. you may have to add in the 2nd leaf up front to compensate for the motor.

This will run you 130.00 for the springs
another 50.00 for the new hangers
another 50.00 for the shackles
then about 6 hours of labor.
Trim off 2-3" of fender and run 37's

say roughly 250.00 for the 5" of lift

DogDen,

Am I missing something here? If you take out the 2 bottom leafs that would leave only one leave left in the rear? Are you talking about doing this with the 3/4 ton springs? But even so then there would only be 2 leafs left? And then are you talking about putting the 4" lifted springs that you pull out of these packs and putting them with the stock toys up front? Alittle more detail. I am thinking of doing this but want to hear some ideas before I do so. thanks

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Chevy 4" lift springs

RE:Todd said:
I went with 4" pro-comp springs, pulled the overload, and added 2" blocks. They'll get the test on the 15th, and I'll post pictures after. It looks like they'll work well.
I thought the pro comps were stiff?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts